Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 draft picks signed
no Chase, Ossai, or Carman yet

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 02:07 PM)pally Wrote: no Chase, Ossai, or Carman yet

Chase should be very soon, as Jaylen Waddle (next pick) signed his deal with the Dolphins a few days ago.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely love the rookie wage scale.!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I believe we have historically (since rookie wage scale) worked backwards to front, mainly because the later round picks tend to be the easiest to get done.
Reply/Quote
They will all get done as usual.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I like the Taylor pickup just because we have Chase, Higgins, and Boyd, but I think he could offer us a change of looks just to give the defenses something they have to account for underneath and over the middle.

I'm not saying he'll be a superstar, but I think he could offer us something that Burrow could like in a little guy that knows how to get open and can make occupy defenders.

Just a little guy running crazy all over the field!  Very tough for backers to follow him out of the slot:

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 02:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Absolutely love the rookie wage scale.!!!!!

One of the best things that ever happened for the Bengals

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 02:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Absolutely love the rookie wage scale.!!!!!

Yeah, it really turned the signings into kind of humdrum thing. No more Andre Smith-style holdouts. 

...Or 6yr/$78m contracts to rookies who have never played a snap in their life and might busts, killing their franchise. That's what Sam Bradford got in 2010. (JaMarcus Russell got 6yr/$61m just 3 years earlier when the cap was $109m.) Burrow still got set for life with 4yr/$36m, but it certainly makes it easier on the cap and isn't quite as team crushing if it doesn't work out for whatever reason.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
That's the only thing that I'll tip the hat to Roger Goodell. When Tom Brady said "I'd like to make Sam Bradford money" and the Patriots answered back "We can't do that", I knew there was change coming. The instant the rookie pay scale was introduced, the power of the agent was massively diminished. You don't hear much from agents anymore and that's great. Loudmouths like Drew Rosenhouse aren't on my TV five or six times a week anymore and I'm OK with that.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 11:02 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: That's the only thing that I'll tip the hat to Roger Goodell. When Tom Brady said "I'd like to make Sam Bradford money" and the Patriots answered back "We can't do that", I knew there was change coming. The instant the rookie pay scale was introduced, the power of the agent was massively diminished. You don't hear much from agents anymore and that's great. Loudmouths like Drew Rosenhouse aren't on my TV five or six times a week anymore and I'm OK with that.

He'll be back bitching about vet salaries once Covid is cleared up.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 02:07 PM)pally Wrote: no Chase, Ossai, or Carman yet

It's a good sign that 7 of the 10 are signed so fast.  Mike Brown use to never have 7 signed this fast.  They just about always sign the last picks first, working up the pay scale ladder. I'm not worried about these other signings.  However if Mike Brown does one of those not having players signed for July and August Training Camp, then I'll worry. That is over 60 days away and Bengals show they are trying to get draft picks signed this year. 

There was no regular training camp or preseason in 2020, and I still feel the new coach was short changed on that. A coach as new as Taylor needs training camp to put across his playbook and coach new players up. You can't have New Dey or New Day without Training Camps. So it's good Bengals are getting players signed and ready to be in Coach Taylors second Training Camp and Preseason, only his second. You can not expect a new coach to turn a team around without Training Camps or Preseason. Bengals need to put everything into this Training Camp and Preseason, Coach players UP, see who earns spots on this team. To those who think spots on this team are already set, that is a NO on a last place team. The people who Block and Tackle in July and August are the people who will earn jobs on this team.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 03:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: I believe we have historically (since rookie wage scale) worked backwards to front, mainly because the later round picks tend to be the easiest to get done.

FWIW, Chase, Carman, and Ossie are also listed on the regular roster on the team website. They are no longer listed as unsigned draft picks. So it is possible they are under contract but get individual announcements over the next several days

Reply/Quote
Awesome, expect the official signings of Chase, Carman and Ossai in the next few days. Cool
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome, expect the official signings of Chase, Carman and Ossai in the next few days. Cool

Carman under contract

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 02:43 PM)pally Wrote: Carman under contract

Sweet!
Reply/Quote