Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could the German Market be big for the Bengals?
With the NFL announcing that they want to play in Germany in the 2022 season and NFL also allowing teams to market in certain international markets. Could the Bengals be the next big thing in Germany considering the city's ties to the country?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Wer Dey!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Moritz Böhringer was on the practice squad until August of last year. Maybe that got the Bengals a few German fans. I would have liked to see him pan out. It would have been a cool story.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Ever see PBS when opposing teams are there? The Bengals are struggling to fully indoctrinate the metropolitan area that is SW OH... not sure they're quite ready for global domination.
Reply/Quote
About ***** time.

Quit stuffing these London games down our throats. London did not care about WLAF or NFL Europe, yet the German teams all drew well and turned it into a big party with pre-game and post-game concerts outside of the stadiums. When they shut down NFL Europe it was the Amsterdam Admirals and five German teams . . . because the Germans supported it and *surprise, surprise* there are a shit ton of American servicemen there that like football and were also in attendance. Instead of taking money from the military to act like they respect our troops during pre-game and halftime activities, why not actually let some of them see Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes.

I loved watching NFL Europe on DirecTV. If their enthusiasm is ANYTHING like the way they embraced NFL Europe, the Germans will make this very fun for all involved, players, staff, broadcasters, fans in attendance and viewers. This should have been done a long, long time ago.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 02:25 PM)J24 Wrote: With the NFL announcing that they want to play in Germany in the 2022 season and NFL also allowing teams to market in certain international markets. Could the Bengals be the next big thing in Germany considering the city's ties to the country?

Send a game to Australia instead.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 08:13 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Send a game to Australia instead.

And then mistake it for Austria and bring a game here.
Reply/Quote

Only if they play an AFL match in the USA . . . although I would have no idea where they could play with fans in attendance.

Seriously though, ALL teams should play their "extra" game out of the country or at a non-NFL city like Birmingham or Lincoln or Portland or Honolulu.

No teams should have 9 home games while the rest only have 8. It would suck watching your favorite team losing out on a playoff spot to a team that had one more home game than your team.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 08:32 AM)hollodero Wrote: And then mistake it for Austria and bring a game here.

No, you can fly out here to watch it. You will love it out here lol
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 08:39 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Only if they play an AFL match in the USA . . . although I would have no idea where they could play with fans in attendance.

Seriously though, ALL teams should play their "extra" game out of the country or at a non-NFL city like Birmingham or Lincoln or Portland or Honolulu.

No teams should have 9 home games while the rest only have 8. It would suck watching your favorite team losing out on a playoff spot to a team that had one more home game than your team.

We will send you a Rugby League game, much better than that AFL rubbish lol
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 09:32 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: No, you can fly out here to watch it. You will love it out here lol

I don't know... seems like you have thousands of animals that are just out to kill people; and also, you allegedly put shrimps on a barbecue and call it barbie, which is just a plethora of no-gos.

Also, we have Germans nearby - apparently Cincinnatians appreciate that - and we serve actual beer instead of Foster's.

The whole time zone thing gets real tricky too.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 09:57 AM)hollodero Wrote: I don't know... seems like you have thousands of animals that are just out to kill people; and also, you allegedly put shrimps on a barbecue and call it barbie, which is just a plethora of no-gos.

Also, we have Germans nearby - apparently Cincinnatians appreciate that - and we serve actual beer instead of Foster's.

The whole time zone thing gets real tricky too.

No one in Australia actually drinks Fosters, you can't get that in any bars I have ever been to, that is just the swill we send to you guys overseas. We also don't call them shrimps. The animals aren't that scary.

We had a pre season game here many years ago but I really do believe it is time to send a regular season game down here, the NFL is quite popular here with a bout 4 games a week shown on television including free to air television.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 10:09 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: No one in Australia actually drinks Fosters, you can't get that in any bars I have ever been to, that is just the swill we send to you guys overseas.

Producing lousy beer for the world while keeping the good one for yourself... yeah, I can respect that.

(06-11-2021, 10:09 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: We also don't call them shrimps. The animals aren't that scary.

Ah well I heard you have Sydney funnel-web spiders and Redback spiders in the cities, flee to the country and a Taipan snake or a tiger snake will bite you... weakened already, an alligator will draw you in the water where a box jellyfish will finish you off. These are all scary things and hence I feel llike mentioning that nature in Austria will not terminate Bengals players, which is an advantage regarding dead money.

(06-11-2021, 10:09 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: We had a pre season game here many years ago but I really do believe it is time to send a regular season game down here, the NFL is quite popular here with a bout 4 games a week shown on television including free to air television.

Austria and Germany show games on free TV as well. But ok, I get the point, maybe you guys would deserve it. The time zone problem remains a problem though.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 10:36 AM)hollodero Wrote: Producing lousy beer for the world while keeping the good one for yourself... yeah, I can respect that.

Ah well I heard you have Sydney funnel-web spiders and Redback spiders in the cities, flee to the country and a Taipan snake or a tiger snake will bite you... weakened already, an alligator will draw you in the water where a box jellyfish will finish you off. These are all scary things and hence I feel llike mentioning that nature in Austria will not terminate Bengals players, which is an advantage regarding dead money.

Austria and Germany show games on free TV as well. But ok, I get the point, maybe you guys would deserve it. The time zone problem remains a problem though.

Redbacks aren't anything to really worry about, I see one a couple of times a week, I actually killed one with the back of my hand once and ended up with the venom in my eye, it swelled up and my face was numb for a couple of days but all good after that. Crocs are a little scary but you have to go looking for them so not really a worry there. Tiger snakes actually fit the theme for the Bengals so maybe we could get some for the opposition, Brown snakes are much more to be worried about than the Tigers anyway but the Taipan is a scary customer, but I have picked them up to move them lol. 

The time zone is really that much of an issue, kick off here at 10am and the game can be shown live in the US during prime time, we already do that with the Australian Open tennis by playing a lot of the American players during the morning session to hit prime time in the states.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 10:55 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Redbacks aren't anything to really worry about, I see one a couple of times a week, I actually killed one with the back of my hand once and ended up with the venom in my eye, it swelled up and my face was numb for a couple of days but all good after that. Crocs are a little scary but you have to go looking for them so not really a worry there. Tiger snakes actually fit the theme for the Bengals so maybe we could get some for the opposition, Brown snakes are much more to be worried about than the Tigers anyway but the Taipan is a scary customer, but I have picked them up to move them lol. 

I've heard they're not dangerous but those Huntsman spiders you guys have are pure nightmare fuel.  As someone who is a bit of an arachnophobic, I'm not kidding when I say that is the most terrifying animal/insect I've ever seen.  I'd probably rather encoutner a Grizzly Bear and take my chances then to have one of those sneak up on me.

For anyone who is reading this who isn't aware of what I'm taking about, here you go:

[Image: Meet-Charlotte-a-Banded-Huntsman-Spider-...pg?strip=1]
Reply/Quote
Also, since the topic of Australian animals came up I'm using it as an excuse to post one of my favorite videos of all time. I've seen it at least 20 times. The look on the Kangeroo's face when he gets punched always gets a laugh out of me.

Reply/Quote
I don't know about Germany but how about Brazil. The Bengals just won a NFL Brazil twitter contest pitting teams, tourny style, against each other. We beat the Saints in the final matchup. #whodey>whodat

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

I would love to see a game in Australia!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 10:55 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Redbacks aren't anything to really worry about, I see one a couple of times a week, I actually killed one with the back of my hand once and ended up with the venom in my eye, it swelled up and my face was numb for a couple of days but all good after that. Crocs are a little scary but you have to go looking for them so not really a worry there. Tiger snakes actually fit the theme for the Bengals so maybe we could get some for the opposition, Brown snakes are much more to be worried about than the Tigers anyway but the Taipan is a scary customer, but I have picked them up to move them lol.

The time zone is really that much of an issue, kick off here at 10am and the game can be shown live in the US during prime time, we already do that with the Australian Open tennis by playing a lot of the American players during the morning session to hit prime time in the states.

Coastal or inland? I've read that their respective temperments are completely opposite of each other lol.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe Düsseldorf can build us a practice bubble for inclement days. Just shoot on over for a quick 2 hour run-through
Reply/Quote