Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EXCELLENT. BENGALS HAVE ALL DRAFT PICKS SIGNED EARLY JUNE
Between The Draft and Training Camp end of July, the only real news each year is, Do you get them signed in time for Training Camp.

There have been Bengals training camps in their history where top picks were not signed and in camp on time. Fans said, don't worry, they will be here by opening game. That isn't good enough. All Super Bowl teams say it began the first day of Training Camp, that everybody showed up and put in the hard work from Day One.

So the Bengals have everybody signed and ready for Training Camp. To most this is not exciting news, but winning seasons begin the First Day of Training Camp, not Opening Day. Very excited Bengals have everybody signed up for Camp. Coach Them Up. Get At It On Day One. Mold all these individuals into A TEAM. Get them in Shape. Coach Forrest Gregg who had Vince Lombardi Hard training camps said the Bengals were weak starting 1980. His goal was to make them tougher, because the team in the best condition does not tire out and wins the 4th quarter. That weak teams will not beat The Steelers, said Gregg. That problem facing Gregg in 1980 now faces Taylor in 2021, as the Bengals have been too weak of no Blocking or Tackling. That Must Change and it Starts on Day One of Training Camp

It is important to note that this is only Coach Taylors second Training Camp and Pre Season Games. As bad as the Bengals were when Coach Lewis was fired, fans who expected instant wins were delusional. As even Coach Paul Brown said, it takes a few years to come in as a coach and turn a bad team into a good team.

Tiger ....GO BENGALS.....not who dey, but NEW DAY..... Tiger....Block, Tackle, Time to stop getting whipped in The Trenches.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Hasn't it been this way ever since the rookie pay scales?

I wonder what the longest holdout was since they (thankfully) implemented it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 12:49 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Hasn't it been this way ever since the rookie pay scales?

Yes. Kevin’s a little behind the times lol. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 12:49 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Hasn't it been this way ever since the rookie pay scales?

Yeah the vast majority get signed relatively quickly now. I believe Bosa did hold out into August though so it can happen but is rare
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 11:58 PM)kevin Wrote: Between The Draft and Training Camp end of July, the only real news each year is, Do you get them signed in time for Training Camp.  

There have been Bengals training camps in their history where top picks were not signed and in camp on time. Fans said, don't worry, they will be here by opening game.  That isn't good enough. All Super Bowl teams say it began the first day of Training Camp, that everybody showed up and put in the hard work from Day One.

So the Bengals have everybody signed and ready for Training Camp.  To most this is not exciting news, but winning seasons begin the First Day of Training Camp, not Opening Day.  Very excited Bengals have everybody signed up for Camp.  Coach Them Up.  Get At It On Day One.  Mold all these individuals into A TEAM.  Get them in Shape.  Coach Forrest Gregg who had Vince Lombardi Hard training camps said the Bengals were weak starting 1980. His goal was to make them tougher, because the team in the best condition does not tire out and wins the 4th quarter.  That weak teams will not beat The Steelers, said Gregg. That problem facing Gregg in 1980 now faces Taylor in 2021, as the Bengals have been too weak of no Blocking or Tackling.  That Must Change and it Starts on Day One of Training Camp

It is important to note that this is only Coach Taylors second Training Camp and Pre Season Games.  As bad as the Bengals were when Coach Lewis was fired, fans who expected instant wins were delusional.  As even Coach Paul Brown said, it takes a few years to come in as a coach and turn a bad team into a good team.

Tiger ....GO BENGALS.....not who dey, but NEW DAY..... Tiger....Block, Tackle, Time to stop getting whipped in The Trenches.

Can someone please explain to me how this is only Taylors 2nd training camp and pre-season games?   

Wasn't he hired in 2019?  So wouldn't this be his 3rd year as coach?  Did they not have training camp last year or in 2019? or even pre-season games?  
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 10:20 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Can someone please explain to me how this is only Taylors 2nd training camp and pre-season games?   

Wasn't he hired in 2019?  So wouldn't this be his 3rd year as coach?  Did they not have training camp last year or in 2019? or even pre-season games?  

It gets even worse, I've heard multiple people say this is first "real" offseason.

2019 - Doesn't count.  He was hired a week or two later than coaches whose teams didn't play in Superbowl. (Note: Disregard other coaches who were hired at similar time, Taylor is unique.)  Forget about the fact he had a normal combine, a normal free agency period, a normal draft, normal OTA's, a normal minincamp, a normal training camp, and a normal preseason.  Those two weeks in January negate all of it.

2020 - Covid.  Free pass.  (Note: Disregard other coaches who dealt with same thing, or first year coaches like Kevin Stefanski who went 10-6.)

2021 - First full offseason.

Now it's time to see what he can really do.   
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 01:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes. Kevin’s a little behind the times lol. Tongue

Sorry, Kevin is correct. Look around, Lawrence, Wilson. Fields and many other 1st round picks unsigned as of yesterday June 10th). I counted 11 first round picks not signed, maybe more in other rounds. The first 4 picks of 2021 not signed:
Lawrence
Wilson
Lance
Pitts

It is accurate that signing draft picks is much easier now due to the rookie wage scale implemented many years ago as part of a CBA.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 11:16 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sorry, Kevin is correct. Look around, Lawrence, Wilson. Fields and many other 1st round picks unsigned as of yesterday June 10th). I counted 11 first round picks not signed, maybe more in other rounds. The first 4 picks of 2021 not signed:
Lawrence
Wilson
Lance
Pitts

It is accurate that signing draft picks is much easier now due to the rookie wage scale implemented many years ago as part of a CBA.

I mean the reality of signing draft picks since the implementation of the rookie deal is they're slotted into a pay scale.  

A lot of the reason, those players haven't signed their deals yet is because of bonus structure or guarantee money.  

However, there's 0 chance of a kid sitting out a season  or not signing his contract until mid season because he's going to get the same amount of money in June/July/August as he is in Sept/Oct.  
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 10:39 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It gets even worse, I've heard multiple people say this is first "real" offseason.

2019 - Doesn't count.  He was hired a week or two later than coaches whose teams didn't play in Superbowl. (Note: Disregard other coaches who were hired at similar time, Taylor is unique.)  Forget about the fact he had a normal combine, a normal free agency period, a normal draft, normal OTA's, a normal minincamp, a normal training camp, and a normal preseason.  Those two weeks in January negate all of it.

2020 - Covid.  Free pass.  (Note: Disregard other coaches who dealt with same thing, or first year coaches like Kevin Stefanski who went 10-6.)

2021 - First full offseason.

Now it's time to see what he can really do.   

damn i need those guarantees for my job lol 

Might have helped Zac had he hired a competent offensive line coach to begin with and same with defensive coordinator.  

I mean you've already changed your OL, DL, DB, and WR coach and your only 2 seasons into your reign as head coach.  

As poorly as the offense and defense has played for 2 seasons he might as well have changed the entire staff.  
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 11:25 AM)TJ528 Wrote: I mean the reality of signing draft picks since the implementation of the rookie deal is they're slotted into a pay scale.  

A lot of the reason, those players haven't signed their deals yet is because of bonus structure or guarantee money.  

However, there's 0 chance of a kid sitting out a season  or not signing his contract until mid season because he's going to get the same amount of money in June/July/August as he is in Sept/Oct.  

Kevin's point is mandatory camps have started and we have all guys signed, others do not regardless of the reason. On the slotting, yes and no. Why is #5 pick Chase signed before top 4 picks ahead of him. Can we one time just say nice job FO getting all picks signed prior to mandatory camp????????????
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 12:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Kevin's point is mandatory camps have started and we have all guys signed, others do not regardless of the reason. On the slotting, yes and no. Why is #5 pick Chase signed before top 4 picks ahead of him. Can we one time just say nice job FO getting all picks signed prior to mandatory camp????????????

Luvnit, I've said that every year since the rookie agreement went into place.  That rookie deal was the best thing to happen to an organization like the Bengals, who watch every penny they've spent. 

Prior to that, if you remember correctly it seemed like our 1st round draft picks always signed right before camp or right before the 1st game of the season.  

There's quite a few things I'll give the front office props for.  Great draft this year, pretty good free agency compared to the past, have some real talent on this team.  Now it's up to Zac and his bunch to see if they can coach said talent and scheme a game plan to take advantage of said talent.  For 2  years neither side of the ball has schemed anything that's deemed NFL quality. 
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 12:49 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Luvnit, I've said that every year since the rookie agreement went into place.  That rookie deal was the best thing to happen to an organization like the Bengals, who watch every penny they've spent. 

Prior to that, if you remember correctly it seemed like our 1st round draft picks always signed right before camp or right before the 1st game of the season.  

There's quite a few things I'll give the front office props for.  Great draft this year, pretty good free agency compared to the past, have some real talent on this team.  Now it's up to Zac and his bunch to see if they can coach said talent and scheme a game plan to take advantage of said talent.  For 2  years neither side of the ball has schemed anything that's deemed NFL quality. 

This. Before the wage scale, the Bengals were routinely one of the last teams to sign their guy. Since the wage scale, they've been much better. So...I credit the wage scale for saving the Bengals from themselves.

I also credit the Bengals when they do good things, but this is a stretch.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 12:49 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Luvnit, I've said that every year since the rookie agreement went into place.  That rookie deal was the best thing to happen to an organization like the Bengals, who watch every penny they've spent. 

Yeah, well said TJ. Prove it Zac, I like that our guys are signed. Lets go win games or GTFO.
Reply/Quote
Our poor lemming fans are so desperate to laude the bungles, they use slotted signing as a win. Lol
Reply/Quote