FA-A bunch of #4s
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
On potential? Among the best.

Right now? Low end of 7-12.
Reply/Quote
I put us at 7-12. I'm going to need to someone prove they're a bonafied star before I give them the benefit of the doubt and nudge them into the eltite category. That said, the skies the limit. We have the potential to be as good as anyone.

Fwiw, I think whoever ends up being our "3" is going to be able to compete with any of other "3" in terms of talent and production. But the strength of some of these 1+2 combos will give them the edge for right now, at least for me. (Ex: Julio Jones + Aj Brown, DJ Metcalf and Tyler Lockett, Mike Evans and Chris Godwin, etc.)

I think a very intersting comparion as far as position strength is between us and the Panthers. Here's what they're looking at:

DJ Moore - 1,193 yards
Robbie Anderson - 1,096 yards
Terrance Marshall -2nd round pick

You have to remember that these stats came with Teddy Bridgewater at the helm. Paired with another QB, and in a better offense, they could have been higher. Of course then you have the fact that Tee Higgins was only a rookie wheras these guys are vets so we could see him vastly improve. It's kind of a toss up. What you're left with is Chase vs. Mashall which we should win. Like I said, I think it's an example example of what we're up against, and how up in the air some of these comparisons are.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 12:28 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I put us at 7-12.  I'm going to need to someone prove they're a bonafied star before I give them the benefit of the doubt and nudge them into the eltite category.  That said, the skies the limit.  We have the potential to be as good as anyone.  

Fwiw, I think whoever ends up being our "3" is going to be able to compete with any of other "3" in terms of talent and production.  But the strength of some of these 1+2 combos will give them the edge for right now, at least for me.  (Ex: Julio Jones + Aj Brown, DJ Metcalf and Tyler Lockett, Mike Evans and Chris Godwin, etc.)

I think a very intersting comparion as far as position strength is between us and the Panthers.  Here's what they're looking at:

DJ Moore - 1,193 yards
Robbie Anderson - 1,096 yards
Terrance Marshall -2nd round pick

You have to remember that these stats came with Teddy Bridgewater at the helm.  Paired with another QB, and in a better offense, they could have been higher.  Of course then you have the fact that Tee Higgins was only a rookie wheras these guys are vets so we could see him vastly improve.  It's kind of a toss up.  What you're left with is Chase vs. Mashall which we should win.  Like I said, I think it's an example example of what we're up against, and how up in the air some of these comparisons are.

I can see our WR corp in the 10-12 range for our top 3 wide receivers.  Say Boyd goes down with an injury and then Chase goes out for the year with a busted knee (look at our history with our 1st round picks and recently they've all missed time) where does that put our WR corp?  25-30?  I personally have 0 confidence in anything that's behind Higgins, Boyd, and Chase.  
Reply/Quote
Around 5th or 6th when healthy. After that we fall off cause of poor depth.

I like Tate as a depth piece but we need more here.

But our trio could be the best in the NFL. Love Tee, Chase and Boyd.
Reply/Quote
I honestly think they can be the best in the league, or top 5. I don’t think that’s homerism either, Boyd is the best or in discussion for the best slot receiver in the NFL, Higgins should make improvements, and Chase can be better than both.

I think next year, in chases 2nd season, we will see possibly records breaking receiver play with his development.
Reply/Quote
Tied for 7th with the Steelers. If DeSean Jackson could actually stay healthy then maybe tied for 8th with the Steelers, but I don't think he can. So t-7th.

Top 6 in no particular order...
Bucs
Bills
Cowboys
Vikings
Titans
Seahawks

Could easily be top-3 in the NFL going into next year if Chase proves himself this year. He certainly improves the rankings since it's Chase instead of Tate, but a rookie with 0 NFL stats can only be valued so high.

I think the Bengals have a stronger #3 than some of those top-6 teams even though Chase hasn't done anything yet. The thing that keeps them out of the top-6 in my mind is just that that high end #1 production. Those teams have guy(s) who have put up 1,300-1,400+ yard seasons. The Bengals don't really have that yet, so it offsets the advantage they have at #3 WR.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
So many angles of looking at this poll. A simple argument can be made they have to be lower since Chase hasn't played an NFL game. As others have commented, potential is a key word when looking at the Bengals WRs. In a couple seasons, I think this is an easy top 1-6 group. I almost voted 7-12, but decided hell with it. A full season of Burrow distributing the ball is going to get these guys into the conversation as the best WR group in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 02:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tied for 7th with the Steelers. If DeSean Jackson could actually stay healthy then maybe tied for 8th with the Steelers, but I don't think he can. So t-7th.

Top 6 in no particular order...
Bucs
Bills
Cowboys
Vikings
Titans
Seahawks

Could easily be top-3 in the NFL going into next year if Chase proves himself this year. He certainly improves the rankings since it's Chase instead of Tate, but a rookie with 0 NFL stats can only be valued so high.

I think the Bengals have a stronger #3 than some of those top-6 teams even though Chase hasn't done anything yet. The thing that keeps them out of the top-6 in my mind is just that that high end #1 production. Those teams have guy(s) who have put up 1,300-1,400+ yard seasons. The Bengals don't really have that yet, so it offsets the advantage they have at #3 WR.

Nice post TLL, we will see. Chase could be that 1,300-1,400 + yard guy but that is a bit much to see any rookie doing, but hey
his old teammate Jefferson just came off of a great rookie year and Chase is arguably better. I think the ball will be distributed
around more here with Burrow throwing to Higgins, Boyd, Chase, Mixon, Evans, Uzo, Sample etc.

If the OL plays decent and blocks well in the running game who knows what the numbers could be or how good the Offense as
a whole could be.
Reply/Quote
I'd say we're somewhere around 7-8... Have to actually see Ja'marr Chase in action before I can go any higher.

Totally unrelated (well not really)... Don't sleep on that Jacksonville trio with a legit QB under center this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think our top 3 have the potential to be tops in the league. They have to prove it though. There are some teams that are stacked like Tenn and Arizona. I put the Vikings ahead of us right now, but after I see our guys play this year my mind will quickly change to favoring our guys. We have 3. They only have 2. That's the story for a lot of the good receiving cores out there. Having 3 legit receivers will be nice.
Reply/Quote
Eh, it better be top 3. Otherwise, we gave up on a top 30 OL for nothing. If our receivers can't clear 30 yards in 2 seconds, we're going to have another rough season.
Reply/Quote
I’ll place our 3 up against any in the league.With these 3 wide receivers the Bengals are always going to have that that potential knockout punch on offense.An Elite Quarterback with Elite wide receivers??? I’ve seen Elite Quarterbacks,such as Arron Rodgers,send average wide receivers to the pro bowl.Joe Burrow is so good, that he’ll bring out the best in these guys.
Reply/Quote
They certainly have a good chance to be the best trio! Kind of hoping our running game is way better and we don't need 3 wrs with 1200 yds each.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 11:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The rankings continue. This time we move to Wide outs. I'll go with 3. Our 3:

Tyler Boyd
Tee Higgins
Jamarr Chase

The competition

ARZ- DeAndre Hopkins-AJ Green-Christian Kirk

ATL- Calvin Ridley-Russell Gage-Tajae Sharp
BAL- Marquise Brown-Sammy Watkins-Rashod Bateman
BUF- Stephon Diggs-Emmanuel Sanders-Cole Beasley
CAR-Robby Anderson-DJ Moore-Terrance Marshall
CHI-Allen Robinson II-Darnell Mooney-Anthony Miller
CLV- Jarvis Landry-Odell Beckham-Rashard Higgins
DAL-Amari Cooper-Michael Gallup-CeeDee Lamb
DEN-Courtland Sutton-Jerry Juedy-KJ Hamler
DET- Tyrell Williams-Breshard Perriman-Quintez Cephus
GBP-Davante Adams-Allen Lazard-Marquez ValdezScantling
HOU-Brandon Cooks-Randall Cobb-Keke Coutee
IND- TY Hilton-Michael Pittman-Parris Campbell
JAX- Marvin Jones-Laviska Shenault-DJ Chark
KCC- Tyreek Hill-Demarcus Robinson-Mecole Hardman
LVR- Henry Ruggs-John Brown-Hunter Renfrow
LAC-Keenan Allen-Mike Williams-Jalen Guyton
LAR-Robert Woods-Cooper Kupp-DeSean Jackson
MIA- Devante Parker-Jaylen Waddle-Preston Williams
MIN- Adam Thielen-Justin Jefferson-Ihmir SmithMarsette
NEP- Nelson Agholor-Kendrick Bourne-Jakobi Meyers
NOS- Michael Thomas-Tre’Qwan Smith-Marquez Callaway
NYG- Kenny Golladay-Sterling Shepard-Kadarius Toney
NYJ- Jamison Crowder-Corey Davis-Denzel Mims
PHI- Jalen Reagor-DeVonta Smith-Greg Ward
PIT-Juju SmithSchuster-Chase Claypool-Diontae Johnson
SFF-Deebo Samuel-Brandon Aiyuk-Mohamed Sanu
SEA- DK Metcalf-Tyler Locket-Freddie Swain
TBB- Mike Evans-Chris Godwin-Antonio Brown
TEN- Julio Jones-AJ Brown-Josh Reynolds
WAS-Terry McLaurin-Curtis Samuel-Adam Humphries

FA-A bunch of #4s

I have us at #7 with potential to be top 6.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 10:03 PM)jason Wrote: I'd say we're somewhere around 7-8... Have to actually see Ja'marr Chase in action before I can go any higher.

Totally unrelated (well not really)... Don't sleep on that Jacksonville trio with a legit QB under center this year.

Agreed on Jacksonville. Chark already very good, and Laviska Shenault was one of my favorite WR’s from last year’s class. I was actually hoping for either he or Higgins when our 2nd round pick was on the clock. The Cowboys have a pretty damned good trio too. Regarding our trio, it easily jumps out on paper when looking though the list. The upside is huge with our group in regards to talent and upside.
Reply/Quote
10 to 12 range without see Chase yet in the NFL.. could move into top 10 after season starts
Reply/Quote
I understand 90% of a WR's job is catching passes, occasional run or pass, but the part many fans dismiss is blocking to get that extra yardage downfield. Higgins and Boyd can block, our #1 WR Green for many years was a liability blocking. I have a hunch Chase can and will be a much better blocker than Green. The Steelers always seem to have WR's that can block, I think we have that now as well.

I also like Boyd and Chase can both play the slot very well. It is a dimension lacking in the past with #1 WR mostly lining up outside.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 05:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post TLL, we will see. Chase could be that 1,300-1,400 + yard guy but that is a bit much to see any rookie doing, but hey
his old teammate Jefferson just came off of a great rookie year and Chase is arguably better. I think the ball will be distributed
around more here with Burrow throwing to Higgins, Boyd, Chase, Mixon, Evans, Uzo, Sample etc.

If the OL plays decent and blocks well in the running game who knows what the numbers could be or how good the Offense as
a whole could be.

Chase is not arguably better, he just is better. Couple that with Higgins who almost had 1k yard season last year with scrubs throwing the ball the majority of the season and we are in good shape. I will disagree with most people on here but I think we have a top 5 WR unit with Chase, Higgins, Boyd. It’s not a question if Chase will produce, because he will.
Reply/Quote
If Chase is as advertised....top 5 no doubt. Boyd may be the best slot in the game. Tee had a very nice rookie campaign, and by reports, has gotten in better shape, and better with his knowledge of the offense. Chase is the wild card....if he's worthy of that top 5 pick, we're among the league's best.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote