Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase mic’d up
https://youtu.be/XgLAk9gUb7c

Few takeaways….

- Ja’Marr seems like a fun dude

-Tee looks HUGE

- Burrow is throwing the ball a lot harder (we’ve heard this from pretty much everyone)

- Uzomah apparently has a butterfly tattoo? LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
LOVE IT!

Sounds like a kid just out there having fun! That's what I want with this team because I think that will elevate their play and help get a loose, but winning, mentality in the locker room!

I love that he seemed to take coaching pretty well.

I also love how, even though he was joking between plays, you could tell that he was all business once he got onto the field.

He's going to be a special player, especially with Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Yeah boiiii yeah boiiii
Reply/Quote
Definitely get a good feeling about the team culture from this video, as well as what Chase brings to the table.
Reply/Quote
I have to say, I was a little concerned about the dynamic with Chase coming in with all the hype, and what it would do mentally to Tee Higgins. Tee had a great freshman season, and seemed to all of a sudden be overlooked by the media with the Chase talk, and him being a former adversary from Clemson. I thought this might lead to some tension, but it appears Higgins and Chase are getting on well together, and Higgins has focused on improving his own game and strength rather than being concerned with Chase. Good on both of them.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 09:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I have to say, I was a little concerned about the dynamic with Chase coming in with all the hype, and what it would do mentally to Tee Higgins. Tee had a great freshman season, and seemed to all of a sudden be overlooked by the media with the Chase talk, and him being a former adversary from Clemson. I thought this might lead to some tension, but it appears Higgins and Chase are getting on well together, and Higgins has focused on improving his own game and strength rather than being concerned with Chase. Good on both of them.

I think they both sleep comfortably at night knowing that whichever of them had Burrow in that national championship was gonna win.

Now they join forces?! It’s pretty absurd. If you go back and watch that national title game those 3 balled out. Somehow we got all 3. It couldn’t have worked out better IMO.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 11:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: https://youtu.be/XgLAk9gUb7c

Few takeaways….

-Tee looks HUGE

- Burrow is throwing the ball a lot harder (we’ve heard this from pretty much everyone)

Ja'Marr is like a proven vet already that just loves the game. Love the guy, perfect Receiver to add to our team and he makes me 
laugh. Just having fun out there, loved when he dropped one he was so pizzed had to go and do some pushups. Tee and him seem
like bros along with the entire Receiver corps and Uzo and his weird tats lol

Thats what gets me about this team is their humor and Burrow is one fun dude and is the leader.

I think this young team could go far if the light turns on for the coaches. We will see, could be one fun ride with these guys.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 09:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I have to say, I was a little concerned about the dynamic with Chase coming in with all the hype, and what it would do mentally to Tee Higgins. Tee had a great freshman season, and seemed to all of a sudden be overlooked by the media with the Chase talk, and him being a former adversary from Clemson. I thought this might lead to some tension, but it appears Higgins and Chase are getting on well together, and Higgins has focused on improving his own game and strength rather than being concerned with Chase. Good on both of them.

Not me. Any WR in the league should know that success and an offense clicking only happens when there's a legit threat on the other side. And if that guy doesn't accept that then he's the one with an issue and shouldn't be on the team.Just look at the Cinci. offense last year. 7-8 guys loading the box with a S because there was absolutely no threat opposite Tee. And without a real downfield threat at TE, as well, defenses only really had to defend one-half the field.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 02:44 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Not me. Any WR in the league should know that success and an offense clicking only happens when there's a legit threat on the other side. And if that guy doesn't accept that then he's the one with an issue and shouldn't be on the team.Just look at the Cinci. offense last year. 7-8 guys loading the box with a S because there was absolutely no threat opposite Tee.

Yeah, Tee probably was one of the biggest fans of the Ja'Marr pick.

Look what Chase did for that LSU Offense, just opened it up for everyone else and still got his in bunches, special player.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 11:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: https://youtu.be/XgLAk9gUb7c

Few takeaways….

-Tee looks HUGE

I read that he got bigger, stronger, and faster this off season.  Burrow apparently commented that his speed has increased significantly.  (I thought they said you can't teach speed?)
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2021, 10:37 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I read that he got bigger, stronger, and faster this off season.  Burrow apparently commented that his speed has increased significantly.  (I thought they said you can't teach speed?)

HGH helps. Lol jk
Reply/Quote
Great to hear Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 02:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ja'Marr is like a proven vet already that just loves the game. Love the guy, perfect Receiver to add to our team and he makes me 
laugh. Just having fun out there, loved when he dropped one he was so pizzed had to go and do some pushups. Tee and him seem
like bros along with the entire Receiver corps and Uzo and his weird tats lol

Thats what gets me about this team is their humor and Burrow is one fun dude and is the leader.

I think this young team could go far if the light turns on for the coaches. We will see, could be one fun ride with these guys.

Chad 2.0?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote

Interesting point.  I never really thought of that being an issue - mainly because Tee was a 2nd fiddle last year to AJ.  I think all these WRs are pretty humble dudes and really place winning above any personal stats.  That's kinda cool to see.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2021, 10:37 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I read that he got bigger, stronger, and faster this off season.  Burrow apparently commented that his speed has increased significantly.  (I thought they said you can't teach speed?)

I think this has more to do with him being healthy.  He had that hamstring injury that slowed him down last year.

Thank God he was dinged up, otherwise there's no way he's making it to us in the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2021, 09:42 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Chad 2.0?

Sure is a crisp runner like Chad that is for sure.

I think Ja"Marr is tougher though which is awesome. You cannot bully Chase at all, he bullies the Corners, he is mean.
Reply/Quote
Chase seems to have the relaxed ability of Chad Johnson, but maybe without the ego. Which would be really, really cool.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2021, 12:22 AM)Benton Wrote: Chase seems to have the relaxed ability of Chad Johnson, but maybe without the ego. Which would be really, really cool.

Hopefully in about 3 years, he won't be calling himself, numero uno..... Wink
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2021, 11:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure is a crisp runner like Chad that is for sure.

I think Ja"Marr is tougher though which is awesome. You cannot bully Chase at all, he bullies the Corners, he is mean.

I would go with stronger, over tougher wrt comparing Ja’Marr to Chad. Ja’Marr makes CB’s look silly at the line with his strength (seriously, I’m pretty sure he put up more reps than some olinemen), but there was no questioning Chad’s toughness. He would at least try to take on guys like Ray Lewis…lol

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2021, 04:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would go with stronger, over tougher wrt comparing Ja’Marr to Chad. Ja’Marr makes CB’s look silly at the line with his strength (seriously, I’m pretty sure he put up more reps than some olinemen), but there was no questioning Chad’s toughness. He would at least try to take on guys like Ray Lewis…lol

I was watching a Chase interview yesterday and he kept putting his hand up to his face. The man has some HUGE paws. No wonder he catches everything in his vicinity. 
Reply/Quote