Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tight End University
I haven’t seen any talk of this in Bengal-land but a large group of TE’s led by George Kittle, Travis Kelcie and Greg Olsen will be meeting soon to advance the position group. I do believe Drew Sample was issued an invitation so I assume he will be there. I haven’t heard about CJ Uzomah or any of the other Bengals TE’s.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/147896-49ers-george-kittle-explains-why-tight-university-beneficial/
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2021, 10:16 AM)CoachGeorge Wrote: I haven’t seen any talk of this in Bengal-land but a large group of TE’s led by George Kittle, Travis Kelcie and Greg Olsen will be meeting soon to advance the position group.  I do believe Drew Sample was issued an invitation so I assume he will be there. I haven’t heard about CJ Uzomah or any of the other Bengals TE’s.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/147896-49ers-george-kittle-explains-why-tight-university-beneficial/

Drew tweeted that he was attending.  They only invited about 50 guys I'm assuming down roster players like Schreck and Moss were not on the invite list.  I haven't seen anything from Uzomah but I would think that he also would have been invited.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I person I know won’t be there is Tim Tebow. Kittle made that expressly clear.
Reply/Quote
How the hell did they get sponsors to pay the expenses for NFL players to attend this?
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2021, 10:16 AM)CoachGeorge Wrote: I haven’t seen any talk of this in Bengal-land but a large group of TE’s led by George Kittle, Travis Kelcie and Greg Olsen will be meeting soon to advance the position group.  I do believe Drew Sample was issued an invitation so I assume he will be there. I haven’t heard about CJ Uzomah or any of the other Bengals TE’s.

Uzomah is attending

Reply/Quote
They wouldnt let poor Tebow play in any Tight End University games =(
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2021, 02:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: They wouldnt let poor Tebow play in any Tight End University games =(

they are too busy laughing and calling him names

Reply/Quote
I've really never seen anyone criticized so much for being a genuinely good person. It's insane. As for TEU, I believe their quote was he was not invited because he has not made an NFL team at TE, yet, and that if he makes it this year, they look forward to inviting him next year.
Reply/Quote
I thought this thread was going to be about the Iowa Hawkeyes or the Fighting Irish. You know, Tight End U.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2021, 03:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've really never seen anyone criticized so much for being a genuinely good person. It's insane.  As for TEU, I believe their quote was he was not invited because he has not made an NFL team at TE, yet, and that if he makes it this year, they look forward to inviting him next year.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2021, 03:45 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I thought this thread was going to be about the Iowa Hawkeyes or the Fighting Irish.  You know, Tight End U.

Both teams put out the most quality TE's no doubt bud.

I think Hockenson could be great.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2021, 03:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've really never seen anyone criticized so much for being a genuinely good person. It's insane.  As for TEU, I believe their quote was he was not invited because he has not made an NFL team at TE, yet, and that if he makes it this year, they look forward to inviting him next year.

Tebow is the Jimmy Carter of football.  Im Also skeptical Jimmy Carter is a viable TE at the NFL level. 
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2021, 08:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Tebow is the Jimmy Carter of football.  Im Also skeptical Jimmy Carter is a viable TE at the NFL level. 

How so? He won the Heisman. In his limited time in the NFL he won a playoff game. That's more than many many football players ever accomplish. And now he is trying to learn the position everyone wanted him to switch to coming out of college. He stuck to his guns and wanted to be a QB, so he tried it. How is that not something to respect? He lives his private life as a good decent person who goes out of his way to help others, how is that not something to respect? He knelt in the endzone to give thanks when he scored. How is that any different than all the other players who thump their chest then point to the sky to give thanks? People who constantly belittle this man just have their own issues. 
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2021, 08:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How so? He won the Heisman. In his limited time in the NFL he won a playoff game. That's more than many many football players ever accomplish. And now he is trying to learn the position everyone wanted him to switch to coming out of college. He stuck to his guns and wanted to be a QB, so he tried it. How is that not something to respect? He lives his private life as a good decent person who goes out of his way to help others, how is that not something to respect? He knelt in the endzone to give thanks when he scored. How is that any different than all the other players who thump their chest then point to the sky to give thanks? People who constantly belittle this man just have their own issues. 

You and I clearly have different ideas of why people roll their eyes at Tim Tebow. 
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2021, 09:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You and I clearly have different ideas of why people roll their eyes at Tim Tebow. 

So why do people roll their eyes at Tebow?
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2021, 01:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So why do people roll their eyes at Tebow?

I think it's just one of those situations where the story outshines the performance/relevance to the game.  On paper, Tebow is a 1st round bust QB who is now a practice squad TE and yet he continues to get coverage...which I get.  What is his ranking on the Jaguar's TE depth chart?  Can we name another roster bubble TE in the NFL, much less dedicate headlines to one of them?

Again, I get it...stories are big news but this is why people roll their eyes.  If Colin Kaepernick were the 6th QB on a team's roster he would be getting an undue amount of coverage and people would be pointing out that covering a QB who won 2 games 5 years ago is ridiculous.  Michael Sam was a complete non-factor on the NFL field, but he made headlines and people complained that someone who did so little on the field was such a big story.

Another example that comes to mind is Annika Sorenstam playing in the men's PGA tournament in 2003.  She came in 96th but she managed to get a lot of coverage because she had a different/interesting story that got people's attention.  I've never really watched the PGA, but I can't imagine 50% of the coverage goes to the people in the first 5 slots and 50% goes to the person in 96th, but that's how it went that year.

So Tebow is one of those people who gets a bunch of attention because of things that don't have to do with the on the field stuff and people are always ready to pull the "Can't we just talk about the sport?" card in those situations.  Personally, I realize a good story sells so I'm a bit cynical about it all.  I'm sure by pointing out this bias I could come off as being anti-Christian, anti-BLM, anti-women, and anti-gay but I'm mostly saying good for all these big stories, good for the people who get the attention, and fair play to people who roll their eyes at it.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2021, 03:45 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I thought this thread was going to be about the Iowa Hawkeyes or the Fighting Irish.  You know, Tight End U.

Cincinnati is slowly making a case to be considered among the better schools for TE's.

-Brent Celek (5,000 career yards)
-Travis Kelce (Maybe the greatest modern TE of all time)
-Adrian Robinson (4th round pick)
-Josiah Degauara (3rd round pick in 2020)

And they have two guys on their roster right now that projected to be decent draft picks.  Josh Whyle is routinely projected to be a 1st-3rd next season, and Leonard Taylor is expected to be a mid round pick.

All of the above have come within the last 13 years.  I'm not saying they are as high as other schools in terms of history, but they've had a really nice run for this position.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2021, 01:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So why do people roll their eyes at Tebow?

Most of the eye-rolling is not aimed at Tebow.  It is aimed at the fans who adore him so much despite him being a poor NFL QB.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 09:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Most of the eye-rolling is not aimed at Tebow.  It is aimed at the fans who adore him so much despite him being a poor NFL QB.

right Tebow himself.. WHO CARES its about the stupid media circus that follows he was never worth that distraction.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 09:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Most of the eye-rolling is not aimed at Tebow.  It is aimed at the fans who adore him so much despite him being a poor NFL QB.

Yep.
Even in college, he had more rushing attempts than he had pass completions (692 rush vs 661 completions).

Lamar Jackson had more rushing attempts than pass completion too, but Jackson is much more of an elite runner compared to Tebow, so he's still able to be successful the NFL level with his legs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote