Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hate Texting (Read for Explantion)
I turn 36 in a couple months, so I'm definitely on the "young" side of the board. I didn't have texting until I was in college. The first iPhone came out as I was wrapping up college. So it's not tech I "grew up with" as is the typical millennial definition.

That said? I love texts. 9/10 times I'd rather a text than a call. I can have multiple conversations at once, I can send details (address, phone numbers, names) and not have them messed up because someone didn't hear. I can send a text while I'm in the bathroom, mowing the lawn, working, at church, anytime. The convenience factor is just so high. If someone calls me and I'm expecting that exact call, I won't answer. If someone sends me a text, outside of the hours I'm asleep, I'll get back within 10 minutes. Guaranteed.

I agree it's abused at times by people, but I have absolutely embraced it. And the work equivalent of instant messaging is another life-saver that keeps me off the phone constantly (which wastes time and isn't practical when I'm already ON the phone) and eliminates emails.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Hate Texting (Read for Explantion) - MileHighGrowler - 06-29-2021, 02:46 PM