Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Where is the Bates Extension?
(08-03-2021, 06:54 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I don’t doubt we have made an offer. It’s on Bates. He might get on himself and play for the big pay day. We would tag him though

WHY do people always say they are sure Mike Brown has made players an offer, and it is on the player if he leaves.  THIS is why Bengals haven't won a play-off game since Paul Brown died 30 years ago.  If Bengals do not resign Bates it is just more of Mike Brown being too CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP.   If Mike Browns OFFER isn't much more than Bates rookie contract he is still on, then that is really no OFFER.  

Now there were players lately that I'm glad Bengals let go.  However the contract money they saved should go to keeping good players. Bates is one of the best young Defensive players in the NFL.  IF Bengals do not keep Bates, They Deserve To LOSE, for they are too CHEAP. 

Fans talking Franchise Tag of Bates for one more year only are too much into Mike Brown Cheapness.  I don't see Bengals in Super Bowl in 2021, but signing Bates long term and building a team around Joe Burrow could get them to Super Bowl in future.  Young star Bates should be signed long term NOW.  

I'm always amazed how many fans take Mike Browns side over the 30 years of losing under him, as if the fans are more worried about Mike Browns bank account than winning. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where is the Bates Extension? - kevin - 08-03-2021, 05:24 AM
RE: Where is the Bates Extension? - kevin - 08-03-2021, 07:34 AM
RE: Where is the Bates Extension? - kevin - 08-03-2021, 11:20 PM
RE: Where is the Bates Extension? - jj22 - 08-03-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: Where is the Bates Extension? - jj22 - 08-03-2021, 03:41 PM
RE: Where is the Bates Extension? - jj22 - 08-04-2021, 09:46 AM