Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Enjoy the Bengals while it lasts
Sadly I think the future of small media markets like Buffalo, Cincinnati and Jacksonville are facing intense $$ to move to larger and/or growing markets out there to move. So enjoy the Bengals the next few years as the lease agreement is up in 2026. We might see the Bills gone in a couple years... and trust me I am not advocating for it regardless how we play good or bad the next few years

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bills-reportedly-eyeing-move
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You know that I am concerned about the new lease agreement with the Bengals. Especially since soccer just built a new stadium and seems to be the trend in Cincinnati. I can see Mike Brown looking for a new city that will build a new stadium. At least he will probably threaten it to see what Hamilton County would do to counter.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I think the new energy the FO has instilled over the last several months has helped and I think Mike Brown will let his daughter negotiate the new lease which should help.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
How 'bout them Chargers? Oh right, no one cares. Publicly funded stadium deals should be banned in this country. If the Pegulas or the Browns want to pack up and move, good riddance and don't let the door hit you on the way out. It takes a peculiarly sick human being to own an NFL franchise and beg for welfare money. 
Reply/Quote
I really don't see the Bills moving. Call me crazy, but that fan base is too big and established to let that happen.

Jags and Bengals on the other hand seems more likely. But I don't see the Bengals moving either--especially after they start winning. We'll see though. Jags seems most likely. They aren't very good and they already have a few football teams in Florida.
Reply/Quote
Bengals will move to a new city, and promptly hire a GM, expand the scouting department and build a practice facility. Winning the SB in 2030. What a kick in the nuts that'd be.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 08:02 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: How 'bout them Chargers? Oh right, no one cares. Publicly funded stadium deals should be banned in this country. If the Pegulas or the Browns want to pack up and move, good riddance and don't let the door hit you on the way out. It takes a peculiarly sick human being to own an NFL franchise and beg for welfare money. 

you have a right to your opinion but reality is not your opinion in the NFL, most stadiums have some public funding in the NFL and there are many common workers that can be adversely impacted by a team leaving the city plus businesses.. the pandemic really showed the impact the sports and other events have on our economy and workers... Plus there are a good amount of cities looking to bring in a NFL team which also supports the impact those teams can have on that city.. 
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 08:22 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I really don't see the Bills moving. Call me crazy, but that fan base is too big and established to let that happen.

Jags and Bengals on the other hand seems more likely. But I don't see the Bengals moving either--especially after they start winning. We'll see though. Jags seems most likely. They aren't very good and they already have a few football teams in Florida.

The Bills are a middle of the pack team by attendance over the last decade, they are a small market especially in media market.. if Cleveland,  Oakland, Indianapolis, St. Louis (twice) can lose a team, the Bills can lose a team for sure... 
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 08:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you have a right to your opinion but reality is not your opinion in the NFL, most stadiums have some public funding in the NFL and there are many common workers that can be adversely impacted by a team leaving the city plus businesses.. the pandemic really showed the impact the sports and other events have on our economy and workers... Plus there are a good amount of cities looking to bring in a NFL team which also supports the impact those teams can have on that city.. 

The reality is that revenue is tied more to market than winning.  The top four teams in revenue last year didn't even make the playoffs, and #5 was WFT who made it with a losing record.  The Jets, a perennial cellar dweller, are 8th.  Meanwhile, KC were 21st as the defending SB champs.  

The other sad reality is that as long as cities are willing to pay tax dollars to lure/keep NFL teams, owners are going to demand it.  If the current city won't give it to them, another one will.  No owner is going to pay out of pocket for a new stadium in a poor market like Buffalo or Cincinnati.  It's a terrible business move.  

However, Katie has said in interviews that the club still thinks PBS is viable for the foreseeable future so long as stadium upgrades are made.  They are likely looking at a renovation instead of a new stadium.  
Reply/Quote
The Brown family won't leave Cincinnati they are to invested in the area.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Lol it's a negotiating tool the Bills are not leaving Buffalo they will end up getting a deal most likely.

As for the Bengals even if they wanted to move they would be hard pressed to because their is an Ohio law that makes it really hard for teams to move out of the state

Nice fear mongering Essex.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 09:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The Bills are a middle of the pack team by attendance over the last decade, they are a small market especially in media market.. if Cleveland,  Oakland, Indianapolis, St. Louis (twice) can lose a team, the Bills can lose a team for sure... 

Any city 'can' lose their team. I just don't see the odds being that great that Buffalo loses the Bills. A small market team is more likely to lose their team than a big market team. I see the Bills as having the most die hard fanbase of the small market teams though--which is why I don't see it happening. I've been wrong many a times though. Maybe they move to Toronto. That would actually be kinda cool.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 09:31 PM)J24 Wrote: Lol it's a negotiating tool the Bills are not leaving Buffalo they will end up getting a deal most likely.

As for the Bengals even if they wanted to move they would be hard pressed to because their is an Ohio law that makes it really hard for teams to move out of the state

Nice fear mongering Essex.

Legal experts do not think the Art Rooney law will hold up in court due to it violating both the state and US Constitution, particularly federal protections for interstate commerce.  It would also require a resident of Hamilton County to put up the money to purchase the team and their approval by 3/4 of the NFL owners.  
Reply/Quote
Brown family loves Cincinnati and has zero interest in moving the team. They are heavily invested in multiple charities around the city. Mike is probably the biggest proponent of keeping it here. Also what “big market” is trying to poach us?
BENGALdawg
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 11:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: Legal experts do not think the Art Rooney law will hold up in court due to it violating both the state and US Constitution, particularly federal protections for interstate commerce.  It would also require a resident of Hamilton County to put up the money to purchase the team and their approval by 3/4 of the NFL owners.  

It doesn't matter do honestly think the NFL and  an Ownership group would want to go through a tough drawn out court case that would cost them major money and would be tied up in ligation. Just to move to some average size market like San Antonio or Austin? Look at what Happened with the crew.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 12:05 AM)BengalDawg Wrote: Brown family loves Cincinnati and has zero interest in moving the team. They are heavily invested in multiple charities around the city. Mike is probably the biggest proponent of keeping it here. Also what “big market” is trying to poach us?

I want to believe you, but I remember how Mike acted back in 1995, when he was strongly considering Baltimore. I think he's more loyal to cash and family than to the city. We can only hope his sentimental attitude towards his father makes him want to stick around. Or...his family wants to stay. I don't think he has any love for a city or fans though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I don't live in Cincinnati so it's not a big deal to me. If they were to move I would only hope it would be close to South Carolina. What are the major markets they could potentially move to?

If I had to guess Florida would be the closest state to me that would probably be able to take a team.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 12:05 AM)BengalDawg Wrote: Brown family loves Cincinnati and has zero interest in moving the team. They are heavily invested in multiple charities around the city. Mike is probably the biggest proponent of keeping it here. Also what “big market” is trying to poach us?

Trying, I don't think anyone is actively trying but there is a lengthy list of cities that are interested in an explansion team or getting one to relocate.

They include:

1) Mexico City, Mexico
2) Salt Lake City, UT
3) Oklahoma City, OK
4) Portland, OR
5) Omaha, NE
6) San Antonio, TX
7) Toronto, Canada
8) Montreal, Canada
9) London, England
10) Honolulu, Hawaii

That's the top 10 cities that have been linked in the past few years to wanting teams and that list doesn't include cities that had a team and lost it and are willing to get one back like:

St. Louis, MO
Oakland, CA
San Diego, CA

I'm not saying that the Bengals will move, but don't think for one second that there wouldn't be a long list of cities ready to jump at having an NFL team. And don't put it past the NFL to try and expand into new markets like Mexico or Canada if they get a chance to move a franchise.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 01:43 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Trying, I don't think anyone is actively trying but there is a lengthy list of cities that are interested in an explansion team or getting one to relocate.

They include:

1) Mexico City, Mexico
2) Salt Lake City, UT
3) Oklahoma City, OK
4) Portland, OR
5) Omaha, NE
6) San Antonio, TX
7) Toronto, Canada
8) Montreal, Canada
9) London, England
10) Honolulu, Hawaii

That's the top 10 cities that have been linked in the past few years to wanting teams and that list doesn't include cities that had a team and lost it and are willing to get one back like:

St. Louis, MO
Oakland, CA
San Diego, CA

I'm not saying that the Bengals will move, but don't think for one second that there wouldn't be a long list of cities ready to jump at having an NFL team. And don't put it past the NFL to try and expand into new markets like Mexico or Canada if they get a chance to move a franchise.

Is it too much to hope for Columbia, South Carolina? Gah that city sucks.

Charlotte, NC is a nice city though (Oh yeah the Panthers are from there. I'm SoL for them to ever end up closer than they are now)
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 01:13 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I want to believe you, but I remember how Mike acted back in 1995, when he was strongly considering Baltimore. I think he's more loyal to cash and family than to the city. We can only hope his sentimental attitude towards his father makes him want to stick around. Or...his family wants to stay. I don't think he has any love for a city or fans though.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks Mike is loyal to Cincinnati.

He's actions in 1995 as you said, spoke loudly about how little he cared and more importantly, if the dude had a shred of dignity or a shred of concern about this city and the fans, he'd have made changes to the front office and efforts to field a winning team decades ago.

He is loyal is money, and as he has stated before if not for Elizabeth "pushing him" there wouldn't be a Ring of Honor coming. That doesn't look like a guy loyal to the fans or the city at all. That's a guy that wants to make $$$ and if the NFL gives him a bonus check to move to a new market like Mexico, London or Canada, I don't think he turns it down. His kids might, his grand-daughter might, be Mike... I don't see any loyality from him.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote