Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia
(08-12-2021, 06:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Such a blast!

The biggest fish I ever caught was a 161 pound Sailfish in Costa Rica (it was the width of the boat) and it didn't even pull nearly hard, for as long, as that last shark did. They just pull and pull!

As I mentioned in your rep, I REALLY want to catch a nice Sturgeon; the place to get them around me, is a 5 hour drive east, in Quebec, otherwise, have to go more north!

Sailfish in Costa Rica, damn that's cool man. Cool

Oh I never check to see what people say when giving me rep, will have to now or at least more often. Sturgeon fight really hard, 
even if they aren't big around, they know how to use their fins in the current and fights last sometimes more than a couple hours 
with the big ones especially if you are on shore. If you have a boat and your driver knows how to maneuver you can catch one 
MUCH quicker. I brought my 7 footer in in about 15 minutes and my Uncle who was the guide and catches 100's of sturgeon a 
year said it was record time.

We have White Sturgeon more on the middle of the Snake away from the coast and Black Sturgeon on the Columbia River by the 
coast that I want to fish for someday. Too bad you cannot eat them down here, they are supposed to be fantastic eats! The best.

We were tempted when we caught some really small sturgeon about 18 inches that same day to take one home but nah.

Same with sharks, the fine isn't worth it if you get caught, never is.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-12-2021, 06:39 PM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-15-2021, 02:43 PM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-27-2021, 11:25 AM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - samhain - 09-03-2021, 11:05 AM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-27-2021, 11:35 AM