Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penei Sewell in week 1 of preseason
(08-15-2021, 07:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not on a blitz, not on a stunt, just a straight up edge rush to a rookie, where he got one-arm shoved.  And the first play he whiffed in space.  Goose must have the bar set low.

I'm no trashing the guy, and think he should be a solid pro, but it is funny how I hear all the "he took last year off" and other excuses for him, but Carman is supposed to be HOF coming off back surgery in his first week of camp. 

I know, that is what gets on my nerves and I am sorry about being a bit of a jerk about it.

Carman is on my team, he is the guy I just have to back up. He played well last night and Goose has said it which is nice.

So far, I like what I have seen of Carman and not surprised of Sewell's struggles in pass protection, before the Draft I wanted 
Pitts, then Sewell, then Chase but was happy with either pick. I just knew Sewell had technique issues in pass protection, he 
could end up being a penalty machine as he lets his hands get outside the body a lot. Carman doesn't have this issue.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Penei Sewell in week 1 of preseason - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-15-2021, 03:45 PM