Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 console games of the last generation
(12-17-2021, 01:46 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I loved Breath of the Wild and completed everything but all 999 korok seeds. My only gripe w that game is as large scale as it was, it felt empty.

Fortnite is fun but runs terribly on the Switch. I just couldn’t deal with the frame-rate spikes / draw distance lag. Same with Apex Legends. Great games, and convenient to play on the go…but limited more than on other consoles.

I enjoyed Octopath Traveler. Nostalgia got me with that turn based old school RPG. Have you played Bravely Default 2 yet? THAT game was incredible! I was sad when I beat it (the REAL ending) because it was such a fun ride from the get go. Other than Final Fantasy Type-R, Square Enix just makes quality games!

Agree on BoTW. It's such a strange game for me in that I was completely mesmerized by it for the first 100+ hours. It was a pretty magical experience. Then suddenly it just hit me that the world was so empty. That's why I can't put it ahead of Ocarina of Time.

Fortnite has always been worse on Switch, but the performance ebbs and flows between tolerable and bad depending on the season. I just started playing again for the first time in 6 months and it's holding 30 pretty decently. I still prefer playing on Switch because since they implemented Skill Based Match Making, the game has been much harder on other platforms for me. I guess they give Switch players an easier way to go due to lower frames.

I have not played Bravely Default, but I've heard a lot about it and its been on my radar a few times. Tbh with you speaking so highly of it, I think I'll be watching some reviews of it tonight. I haven't played an RPG is way too long.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 10 console games of the last generation - Shake n Blake - 12-17-2021, 07:17 PM