Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Know Where To Order A Toilet Refill Tube Clamp?
(08-19-2021, 10:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's actually quite easy.  With you being limited to the chair, an extra set of fully able hands might help make it a 10 minute job.

It's usually that easy.  I've done it many times and never had an issue.  Except that one time...  I'd just moved into a new house and the the assembly needed to be replaced in the kids' bathroom.  The bolts that hold the assembly to the tank were rusted to the tank so I got the channel locks to loosen it.  It loosened all right, once it cracked the entire tank.  So my $15 kit replacement now required a toilet replacement.  No biggie, toilets are easy enough to replace.  Except the builders put the toilet in before the tile, and they grouted the entire toilet into the floor.  So my $15 kit replacement now included a toilet replacement and a grinder to get the grout out.  I don't mind adding a new tool to the collection for a job (in fact, I like to do jobs that require I add a new tool; it's basically the perfect excuse).  And when I shut the water valve off at the toilet, it started to leak.  Years of it being left open with hard water had caused build-up and corroded the rubber inside.  It was late enough in the evening that Home Depot was closed so I had to shut the whole house water off until the next morning.  And then replace the valve entirely.  End of the day?  A nice toilet that's worked great, new valve, it's perfect.  But I wasn't expecting my $15, 15 minute job to turn into a full weekend and $350.  

So yes, usually very easy, definitely best to replace the whole kit vs one piece.  But on the off chance it doesn't go that way?  It's the DIY bathroom fix equivalent of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone Know Where To Order A Toilet Refill Tube Clamp? - MileHighGrowler - 08-20-2021, 12:05 PM