Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuba's Lung Cancer Vaccine Coming To The US!
(10-30-2015, 03:18 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: It was a thread I had on the old board a while back, and I thought you commented on it.

Anyways, cancer loves protein, so wrap the chemo in protein, and the cancer attacks the protein and tries to take it in, which, in turn, releases the chemo in/on/around the cancer, which kills it without killing the healthy cells and healthy parts if the body.

There obviously still might be some damage to healthy cells, but nothing major, and it was working on patients tested.  

Not long after, I stopped being able to find anything on it.

Brad, every cell in your body is made of protein.  So how is it the protein in question is only used by the cancer cells and not normal cells also?  It has to do with cell surface receptors.  You have to find a surface receptor which is specific to the cancer and not the normal cells.  Since cancer deals with abnormal cells from different tissues within the body; the receptors will most likley be different among each cancer line.  It is a lock and key analogy.  Even if you find a selective receptor for the cancer, you still have to be able to find a protein which will bind to the chemo molecule (without the chemo denaturing the protein) and will still physically fit the cell's receptor on the molecular level.

And to be clear, no one is suppressing a "cure" for cancer.  The first pharmaceutical company with a "cure" for cancer will be the most valuable business in the world overnight.  People would pay any price for that med.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cuba's Lung Cancer Vaccine Coming To The US! - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-30-2015, 04:05 AM