Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OSU Football
Not a fan of the defense or the quarterback at this point. Pass rush is non existent and there just doesn't seem to be the usual group of playmakers in the secondary.

Stroud had a respectable stat line, no doubt, but I don't see him as the guy for that job. He looks scared back there and he's indecisive about committing to running when a lane is open and he has no option to throw to. I would not fear him as a runner if I had a quality athletic defense. He also missed some throws that a quarterback at that level needs to make, and he missed pretty badly. One was due to a slip on the crap turf, but the rest were on him.

I don't think he can continue to miss relatively routine throws if they don't manage to eek out wins, and he's in the unfortunate position of not having an elite defense to bail him out. They have 3 other highly rated quarterbacks there that they shouldn't hesitate to put in if things don't change.

As for the defense, I have a hard time believing the talent isn't there. Coombs got out schemed about as badly as I've ever seen outside of when they were just flat out overmatched with talent (Bama). They can't get by with Good Ol Boy hires and the buddy system against teams with the kind of talent that Oregon runs out there. People try to minimize the PAC 12 for some valid reasons, but at the end of the day Oregon still brings in some of the best recruiting classes in the nation. They got slept on because people lost respect for their conference as a whole, and Ohio Sate paid a high price for it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
OSU Football - bfine32 - 09-11-2021, 04:12 PM
RE: OSU Football - Synric - 09-11-2021, 05:15 PM
RE: OSU Football - SunsetBengal - 09-11-2021, 06:44 PM
RE: OSU Football - cinci4life - 09-11-2021, 07:56 PM
RE: OSU Football - KillerGoose - 09-11-2021, 10:41 PM
RE: OSU Football - michaelsean - 09-11-2021, 10:01 PM
RE: OSU Football - samhain - 09-12-2021, 10:24 AM
RE: OSU Football - Millhouse - 09-12-2021, 07:25 PM