Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban Meyer
Just stopping in to say we dodged a bullet (to those who wanted him as HC here). His tenure has been a mess, and his team looks to have regressed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
FWIW, I'm glad that he's not coaching the Bengals. However, one week into his first regular season as a coach at the NFL level is a bit quick to be making snap judgements. Also, his team did have the #1 OA pick, not sure how much more a squad can "regress" from that..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 05:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: FWIW, I'm glad that he's not coaching the Bengals.  However, one week into his first regular season as a coach at the NFL level is a bit quick to be making snap judgements.  Also, his team did have the #1 OA pick, not sure how much more a squad can "regress" from that..

Right 0-1 is not a step back from the First overall pick.. They are tied for 2nd place in the league right now.  (not including tie breakers)

Now based on things players are saying i dont know if his coaching style will lead to inspiring his guys.  But hes kinda new to the nfl too...  1 week doesnt define the season
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 05:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: FWIW, I'm glad that he's not coaching the Bengals.  However, one week into his first regular season as a coach at the NFL level is a bit quick to be making snap judgements.  Also, his team did have the #1 OA pick, not sure how much more a squad can "regress" from that..

Don't forget his hiring and firing of the training coach blunder, and his practice (OTA's) trouble that got him fined and loss of practice days. His sideline body language has been a thing (I haven't paid attention to that tho). And there are rumblings from his players on his approach. It seems he might not be long for the position. They are 0-1, but they got dominated by a Houston team everyone thought was the worst team in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
Yeah tough to judge him this year. They have no talent on that roster. I can’t believe how they just decided to trade their whole team away a few years ago. They could have kept that group together a couple more years and made a couple runs. That quick reset didn’t even net them many good picks. They just suck. With that roster. I don’t think Belicheck could win more than a couple games.
Reply/Quote
JAGS on verge of firing Meyers?

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/4614/urban-meyer

It's been a disastrous tenure for him.

Reply/Quote
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/05/report-things-might-get-ugly-for-urban-meyer-in-jacksonville/

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: JAGS on verge of firing Meyers?

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/4614/urban-meyer

It's been a disastrous tenure for him.

idk 0-4 is surely not the start they expected...

But Khan recently said he was okay with meyers.       Likely trying to find a way to start winning games.  
Reply/Quote
I think this has to do with him shading the team and having them fly back alone while he stayed back and kicked it in clubs in Columbus.

Reply/Quote
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/05/shad-khan-urban-meyer-must-regain-our-trust-and-respect/

Khan speaks as the fallout continues...

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 12:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think this has to do with him shading the team and having them fly back alone while he stayed back and kicked it in clubs in Columbus.

So this strip club incident took place in Columbus?  Granted I haven't lived in Cincinnati in nearly ten years, but I was not aware  of any strip clubs in the Queen City. I thought he crossed the river into the sin den of Newport or Covington to relax a bit before going home to visit the grand children. I am glad he left town to hang with the classy stripper's elsewhere. Keep trash out of Cincinnati Urb
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 03:16 PM)WestCoastBengal Wrote: So this strip club incident took place in Columbus?  Granted I haven't lived in Cincinnati in nearly ten years, but I was not aware  of any strip clubs in the Queen City. I thought he crossed the river into the sin den of Newport or Covington to relax a bit before going home to visit the grand children. I am glad he left town to hang with the classy stripper's elsewhere. Keep trash out of Cincinnati Urb

Not a strip club. He was just at a bar with some friends and ended up flirting with some college girl. Just a nice picture of her grinding on him hit twitter. 

Social Media sucks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 03:22 PM)Synric Wrote: Not a strip club. He was just at a bar with some friends and ended up flirting with some college girl. Just a nice picture of her grinding on him hit twitter. 

Social Media sucks.
Not a strip club, Just a bar. Well that's a little better. The video I happened upon featured Urb with a big handful of butt and slip his hand between her legs. Not a good look for a family man and NFL head coach. I'm glad he is not on the Bengals staff as the head coach. Party on
Reply/Quote
It was HIS bar. It's called Urban Meyer's Pint House. Everyone knew who he was there which makes his decision making even worse.
Reply/Quote
I'll take the under on 34.5 games coached.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 03:22 PM)Synric Wrote: Not a strip club. He was just at a bar with some friends and ended up flirting with some college girl. Just a nice picture of her grinding on him hit twitter. 

Social Media sucks.

There was also a video of him putting his fingers up her butt.

I wish I was kidding. Dudes a joke. Lol.
Reply/Quote
You also gotta admit this is only a huge scandal because he has sucked so far. If they were 4-0 I dont think this would be a story, especially since his lechery is known.

I know some of you were praying something like this would happen with Zac during the last 2 seasons though
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 09:52 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: There was also a video of him putting his fingers up her butt.

I wish I was kidding. Dudes a joke. Lol.

What?

Picture?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 12:49 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: What?

Picture?

TMZ Sports of course.
Reply/Quote
Whats the record for Shortest HC tenure?
Reply/Quote