Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals***
(10-01-2021, 09:13 AM)Stewy Wrote: Not to be a jerk, but re-read what you wrote.  Seriously?  AD was less successful because he was nicer.  Please.  That's just silly.   I always like/liked AD as a QB, but Burrow is an elite talent.  It has nothing to do with being "nice".

I didn't say Dalton would approach Burrow's level if he wasn't so nice, I'm just saying I think most successful sports players have a bite to them (like Burrow does). You can hear it in what they say/how they act, but Andy probably could have been a little better if he wasn't so nice. Burrow is not mr. nice guy, it's rubbing off too (you can hear it when Boyd is talking trash about the steelers after we beat them down). They're taking after their leader (Burrow).

The greatest of all time, they're not that nice. Brady bites, Jordan bites, Tiger bites, Kobe bit, Tyson bit - literally. I'm guessing Burrow wants to be GOAT. Andy was a nice guy, and reached his potential, which was not good enough, but it was "good". Would he have been better if he was a little meaner, don't know, I just never visualized this guy getting mad at anyone. Other than slamming the football down when he got sacked for the 10th time in a game. Even Novak bites if you read his quotes, they're not nice, they're blunt, and they're out to get you and more.

It's a fine line, Dalton had some swagger for a small portion of his career, maybe nice is the wrong word, he just wasn't confident enough.

We can agree on one thing though, Truck_101 is not even on Dalton's level as a message board poster.

So to dispute your point, yes, it has something to do with being nice or not. Part of why Burrow is good, is because of his swagger. He's clearly better than Dalton on most levels regardless if him being "nice" or not. His attitude matters, there's a reason people think Dalton would have folded in that game when Burrow didn't.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals*** - reuben.ahmed - 10-01-2021, 02:29 PM