Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Are Done! How Long Til Competitive Again?
(10-05-2021, 06:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Brad, respect for calling out your previous miscalculation on when the Steelers would begin to decline. Let's hope it's for real this time. That sack of shit Ben looks like a sloth out there.

The organization has a history of bouncing back, but I don't think you'll see that until they have their future franchise QB.

They did have a history of bouncing back, but those were mostly in the days when defense still won championships.  They always had a dominating defense and then they'd sustain drives by running the ball, although they haven't been as successful in the run game in decent years, and from Ben extending plays.    

Ben would force teams to play their style of football because they could sustain drives with the run and by Ben alluding the rush and making difficult throws, two things he can't do anymore.

If Bell and Bryant were still there, I can possibly see another quarterback stepping in and being successful, but, with a horrible offensive line and weapons possibly moving on, I don't think it's nearly as simple as getting another franchise quarterback.

If Rodgers comes to Pitt, I can possibly see them being ok for maybe a year, but he'll also be 38 in December, so how much does he have left in the tank?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers Are Done! How Long Til Competitive Again? - BFritz21 - 10-07-2021, 03:25 AM