Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Positive takeaways from the Packers game
(10-10-2021, 09:27 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: The thing that gets me most with people piling on after a game like this, is the total abandonment of realism. So because we narrowly lose to a superbowl contender everything is terrible. I just honestly don't understand.

I don't create a thread like this to be blinded by positivity, contrarian or even happy with mediocrity. I just think objectively we played pretty well and at about the level of expectation for this team. So I just dont understand why a rookie kicker who has won us two games should now be replaced. I don't understand why there is negativity towards Burrow. It's blinkered reactionary takes and it's boring.

I think the frustrations stems from the team playing "pretty well" but not getting over the hump.  They've not beaten a single team this year that has a winning record.  Zac Taylor is in his third year coaching and they've won 9 games under him.  Of those 9, 2 have been against teams that finished with a winning record.  2.  The team has played "pretty well" in many stretches.  The team has talent.  They've got heart.  So what's missing?  Why can't they get over the hump?  And why is it petty that people are upset by that?  Abandonment to realism would be shouting for this team to a SB contender before they can prove themselves against winning teams, not being upset that they lost.  Again.  

I see tons of potential and positives with the roster and the play on the field.  I'm not looking to pile on.  I'm not cheering against the Bengals hoping that Zac gets the axe as a result.  But potential only gets you so far if it's not unleashed.  And in sports, the window doesn't stay open that long.  

I think people calling for Herbert over Burrow is insanity.  I think people are overreacting to news about a contusion (does anyone who's mad realize that a contusion is just a bruise?).  I think McPherson will settle down after this game (Crosby had a dinger of a game himself).  I think there are positives.  But I think the the most realistic take is that this team, about 1/3 into the season, has still proven nothing yet about their ability to be a winning team. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Positive takeaways from the Packers game - MileHighGrowler - 10-11-2021, 10:55 AM