Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any chance at a 4:25 kickoff next week?
(10-17-2021, 10:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: put-that-evil-on-me.gif]

I'm perfectly content with 1pm kickoffs. I get to make a big lunch with game time snacks, the game wraps up and I still have the rest of the day and evening afterwards. 4:25 is just annoying where it's too early for dinner, too late for lunch, you don't have a ton of time before it, you don't have a ton of time after it. Your day kind of has to revolve around a 4:25 kickoff.

Nailed it!

(10-17-2021, 10:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I can make a Sunday night game work. I've figured out a trend for this year. I have to eat Cincinnati food prior to the game or during the game. I've eaten Skyline or LaRosas (both bought at Kroger and fixed at home) for every win this year. During the Chicago game, I made wings (Buffalo) and against the Packers I was at my father's in Florida. (Both losses) Yep, I have a new tradition/superstition. Cincinnati food is mandatory.

Hmm, maybe I need to pick up some Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce from Kroger this week.  I was considering smoking some wings before the game, so that might help us out if I use a sauce from the Nati!

(10-18-2021, 04:14 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: I have to be honest and say I prefer the 1pm games but only because being over here in Scotland I am 5hrs ahead so I can get my dinner and settle down for the 6pm kickoff.
A 4.25 Kickoff also isn't to bad but when I comes to the night games its a nightmare for me as its a 1am kickoff and I'm not getting to my bed until well after 4am

Good to know that!  I'll be in the UK, including Scotland, for the bye week and Raider game, so now I know how to make that game happen.  Thanks for the tip!

(10-18-2021, 07:59 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Interesting perspectives, and I can see both sides.  Still, I envy my family in Denver.  Early games start there at 11:00, so come halftime it's time for lunch.  The late afternoon games start at 2:00, and night games begin at a respectable 6:20, so the game is over before you fall asleep or have to go to bed for work the next day.  

I use to think those on the West Coast had it bad as far as football was concerned.  Then we went to visit family in CA for Thanksgiving and I was able to come back from breakfast and watch the Bengals / Steelers game at 10AM, Raiders game at 1PM, and SNF at 5:30.  It was freaking awesome!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any chance at a 4:25 kickoff next week? - jfkbengals - 10-18-2021, 09:22 PM