Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keys To Victory Over The Ratbirds
(10-21-2021, 09:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1. Establish the run game.  Give Mixon the ball early and often to help control the game, keep their crowd out of it, and help to neutralize the blitz.

2. They love to blitz so be ready and exploit it.  Get the ball out quick to receivers in space when they send blitzes and take a few deep shots.  Make sure to keep a back in to block or at least to check the rush before releasing.

3. Don't get one-dimensional. Stay balanced or they'll tee-off on our offense.

4. Shut-down Andrews.  Easier said than done but we need to do it to keep him from being Jackson's safety valve and main target. Limiting him will help us to control the game because he's Jackson's main target.

5. Stay in your lanes and don't over-pursue.  Jackson's their leading rusher, so always keep an eye on him and don't go off-script.

6.  Stay out of third and long. Establishing the run game will help a lot with that but we can't get into third and long because, like I said, they love to blitz.

What are your keys to victory?

Good stuff, Brad.  I will be much more succinct:

1.)  Stuff their run and force them to beat you with the pass.  Yes, there is a lot more detail like you offered about staying in your lanes, etc, but I think if the Bengals can hold their run game down, I like the coverage matchups. 

2.) Win the turnover battle.  Can't allow passes to go through hands and be tipped in the air or Marlon Humphry to strip anyone.  Secure the ball, force turnovers from them.  

3.) Discipline.  No stupid taunting penalties or fights.  Control the aggression and beat them on the field. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keys To Victory Over The Ratbirds - SHRacerX - 10-24-2021, 10:15 AM