Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets***
(10-31-2021, 05:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: At this point, I honestly don't remember who said what to make me think that and I'm probably inflating the number of people who feel that way (it's probably like 1 guy and I'm all like EVERYONE WANTED US TO LOSE!!!), but I don't think you were one of the ones I was talking about.

Or do I? Hmm

Considering that at some point in the first quarter, I posted that we were going to lose today, I’m sure you thought I wanted us to lose. That’s never the case. However, after decades as a season ticket holder, giving up only after Marvin was retained after back to back losing seasons following making the playoffs 5 seasons in a row, I changed my expectations.

I still cheer for them to win. I hope they win every game. However, I fully expect to be disappointed. Even though we’re 5-3 at the moment, and today’s debacle notwithstanding, I don’t expect this team to make the playoffs. Going into this season, I thought 8-9, maybe 9-8 was the best we could do. I stand by that

I used to get highly urinated off when we’d lose games like this and be miserable for a few days. Now, my reaction is “Oh well. Can’t say I’m disappointed since it don’t expect much.”

I think my attitude will stay the same until such time as the team is consistently winning, including playoff games. We’re not there yet, and won’t be for a year or two. I do expect Joe Burrow to lead this team to a Super Bowl.

A big tell will be if the team makes any trades before the deadline on Tuesday. They have needs, but I don’t expect Mike Brown to do anything.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - bjf123 - 10-31-2021, 06:24 PM