Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals***
I thought we were getting overhyped when we whacked the Ravens about.... to me that was clearly a 'fluke' result, in the sense we wouldn't normally beat them that heavily.... but I thought we were turning a corner.

Fast forward two weeks and jesus... get absolutely slaughtered by a no-name rookie QB, and then get a pasting at the hands of a very underwhelming Browns team. Add into the pot, that the Jets and Browns, are two franchises largely as laughable as we are (historically).

Usually I'd say 'same old Bengals', but it's difficult to figure out what's going on. Injuries aren't the big issue. First 7 games our defence was amazing... then give up almost 80 points in two games, to two teams who don't put up big scores. Offence... Burrow seems to have gone from the odd silly mistake to making a sizeable one every other drive.

I can only assume the team bought into their own hype after Baltimore. I really don't know what else has caused such a fall off. Beating the Ravens as badly as we did was a pretty big shock, but we were playing good football for most of those opening 7. The last 2 games have been real 'top 2 in the draft' stuff.

Any given Sunday and all that... but the team has to be consistent to mean anything, regardless of any talent they may have. I'm hoping just teething pains from a promising team, but the drop-off in the last fortnight is pretty concerning.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 11-07-2021, 07:05 PM