Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations Money Mac
(11-24-2021, 12:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CrosMa20.htm

I wrote about this back a few weeks ago; Crosby is one of the worst kickers of the past 15 years and he is woefully inconsistent.

I can't remember the clutch factor, but I don't think he's clutch either.

Fat Randy has better numbers LOL

EDIT* By similarity score, he's closest to Breech and Bahr, who were both quite awful, by the numbers as we know.

I don't know how or why Breech gets so much love; even in his day of poor kicking, he was never good.

Kicking in Green Bay will definitely manipulate a kickers numbers. especially during the learning curve of early years kicking in GB. Yet he is #1 in points scored by GB kickers and its not even close. 

Guess the coaches are idiots for keeping him around a guy who before the Bengals game had ONLY MISSED 2 FG's in the last 2 seasons while playing half his games in the wind swirling and many times frozen Lambeau Field. 

If Mason only scores his career average he will become only the 12th player in history to score 1,800 points this season and he is probably going to keep on playing while climbing that ladder and finish in top 10. 

So let's review, Mason the erratic kicker who only missed two FG's in the previous two seasons and was absolutely PERFECT by missing ZERO kicks in the previous season but Fat Randy should replace him. OK fair enough and your opinion is noted. 

Now Fat Randy was considered the #1 kicker in college during his school days so he is supposed to be very good and has done fine in the NFL. Was even drafted a round earlier than Crosby going in the 5th. Yet in no way would I take him over Evan or Crosby. 

Just me though, oh and 6 NFL coaches seem to agree by moving on from him, but what do they know. Maybe you should share your stats with them and rub their mistake in their faces..

Great kickers just don't get bounced around through 7 different NFL teams imo. Once a great one is found he never leaves the original team because NFL coaches know great ones are hard to find and are of tremendous value, see SB ring wearing Mason Crosby as an example.

Believe Crosby has probably tried way more longer FG's than Randy as well which can muddy your stats somewhat as well. Not going to research the fact though.

Not to mention Mason never got any kicking seasons in a Dome. 

Just my opinion though and glad I could make you laugh today, laughter is good for the soul
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Congratulations Money Mac - pally - 11-24-2021, 10:48 AM
RE: Congratulations Money Mac - pally - 11-24-2021, 11:24 AM
RE: Congratulations Money Mac - HarleyDog - 11-24-2021, 12:25 PM
RE: Congratulations Money Mac - Sled21 - 11-24-2021, 07:12 PM
RE: Congratulations Money Mac - rfaulk34 - 11-24-2021, 10:52 PM
RE: Congratulations Money Mac - PhilHos - 11-24-2021, 12:49 PM
RE: Congratulations Money Mac - Go Cards - 11-24-2021, 12:19 PM
RE: Congratulations Money Mac - Go Cards - 11-24-2021, 01:26 PM
RE: Congratulations Money Mac - rfaulk34 - 11-24-2021, 04:11 PM