Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chargers to St. Louis?
(11-29-2021, 09:10 PM)jason Wrote: The Rams use that stadium too... No?

Near as I can tell the Chargers don't even have any fans in LA. It always sounds like they're playing on the road.

The Rams complained about the St Louis doomed Stadium, that looked like a good stadium.  Are the tax payers of St Louis suppose to buy another Stadium as if the doomed stadium wasn't good enough ?  Maybe St Louis tax payers don't want to get taxed for another stadium.  These Super Rich sports team owners wanting new stadiums faster and faster at Tax Payer expense is not in realm with Economic Disaster much of The USA is facing since Covid.  The day may and should be coming that Owners have to pay for their own stadiums, as they did in the old days. Crosley Field was built by Reds money and sponsor money.  All stadiums were.  Cities and States and taxpayers just have too many other needs than to keep putting all this money into Pro Stadiums.  If St Louis tax payers are not willing or able to build another expensive stadium, are The Chargers Owners ready to build a stadium in St Louis with their own money ?  The answer to that is NO, they aren't.  With the economic problems facing the USA, I think the Era of Rich Owners getting Tax Payer built stadiums may be coming to the end of the line.  Given the choice between Jobs, Schools, Housing, Hospitals. Police, Fire Dept OR a Stadium,  The New Stadium is the thing tax payers need The Least. 

If St Louis tax payers didn't get bullied into buying another new stadium for The Rams, why would they do it for the Chargers ?  I just don't see it happening. Also, I'm sure the Chargers are Legally Committed to playing years in this New Stadium.  If the Rams play there also, that does not release the Chargers from their Legal Contract.  The Chargers do have a problem with Raiders Games and more Raiders Fans, but other games aren't like that.  Hey, the Tampa Rays have a problem with more retired Yankee and Red Sox Fans.  It does not release Chargers Owners from Their Contract to play X amount of years in this new tax payer stadium.  I like sports as much as anybody, but not above all the working tax payers.  This is a nation of, by, for The People.  We The People.  Not a nation of, by, for the sports team owners. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Chargers to St. Louis? - WiregrassBenGal - 11-27-2021, 12:02 PM
RE: Chargers to St. Louis? - bfine32 - 11-27-2021, 03:46 PM
RE: Chargers to St. Louis? - kalibengal - 11-27-2021, 06:42 PM
RE: Chargers to St. Louis? - Awful Llama - 11-27-2021, 08:19 PM
RE: Chargers to St. Louis? - J24 - 11-28-2021, 03:33 AM
RE: Chargers to St. Louis? - Destro - 11-28-2021, 11:21 PM
RE: Chargers to St. Louis? - kevin - 11-29-2021, 01:17 AM
RE: Chargers to St. Louis? - jason - 11-29-2021, 09:10 PM
RE: Chargers to St. Louis? - kevin - 11-30-2021, 08:18 AM