Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Props to the OL
What a job by the big uglies today. They took TJ Watt completely out of the game. If the camera wouldn’t have kept focusing in on him to show his frustration I wouldn’t even have known he played today.

And they were obviously moving guys all game for Mixon. They gave up a couple sacks early on, but one of them was on Burrow for not just stepping up in the pocket (and hitting a wide open Chase in the back of the end zone). Overall they did a hell of a job against a top 2-3 pass rusher in the league.

I’ve been particularly impressed with Adeniji. And Prince did an admirable job filling in for Reiff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Yeah, I think Adeniji is the RG for the remainder of the season as long as he stays healthy.
Reply/Quote
and they joined Joe Mixon in a killer TD celebration, apparently conceived by Spain while they were waiting for the challenge on Higgins close but no cigar almost TD. Mixon was very impressed that Jonah Williams joined in

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:07 PM)pally Wrote: and they joined Joe Mixon in a killer TD celebration, apparently conceived by Spain while they were waiting for the challenge on Higgins close but no cigar almost TD.  Mixon was very impressed that Jonah Williams joined in

WTH was that? At first I thought it was an awful attempt at the Icky Shuffle, then I thought it was a line dance of some kind Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: WTH was that? At first I thought it was an awful attempt at the Icky Shuffle, then I thought it was a line dance of some kind Hilarious

It was the Temptations "two-step"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:07 PM)pally Wrote: and they joined Joe Mixon in a killer TD celebration, apparently conceived by Spain while they were waiting for the challenge on Higgins close but no cigar almost TD.  Mixon was very impressed that Jonah Williams joined in

Great time to unveil that celebration 

Loved it !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:11 PM)pally Wrote: It was the Temptations "two-step"

Motown. From a time when music was good.  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What a job by the big uglies today. They took TJ Watt completely out of the game. If the camera wouldn’t have kept focusing in on him to show his frustration I wouldn’t even have known he played today.

And they were obviously moving guys all game for Mixon. They gave up a couple sacks early on, but one of them was on Burrow for not just stepping up in the pocket (and hitting a wide open Chase in the back of the end zone). Overall they did a hell of a job against a top 2-3 pass rusher in the league.

I’ve been particularly impressed with Adeniji. And Prince did an admirable job filling in for Reiff.

100% with you 9n the first sack being on Burrow. He had a good pocket everywhere save the right side. He should simply step up there. He was feeling his scrambling oats after that first TD. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I think Adeniji is the RG for the remainder of the season as long as he stays healthy.

Gotta roll with the hot hand. Maybe we found something.

Line has been a work in progress for sure, but good job today.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
They did Big Willie proud

[Image: FFOWpkdWUAkTGTh?format=jpg&name=medium]

Reply/Quote
Maulin and ballin
Reply/Quote
Anyone see who the first one was to get in Watt's face after the deal with Burrow? You guessed it, big 67. Lovin' that dude more every week.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Any word on Hopkins?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:42 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Any word on Hopkins?

He played after being slow to get up until the starters were pulled. Reiff could've played in an emergency Zac said during the presser

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Anyone see who the first one was to get in Watt's face after the deal with Burrow? You guessed it, big 67. Lovin' that dude more every week.

Man I hope they re-sign him.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 08:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man I hope they re-sign him.

Me too. Not only is he playing well, continuity is critical up front. Good to have some veterans to work rookies/young guys in.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:20 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Motown. From a time when music was good.  Rock On

Whoever threw the thumbs down on this is... There aren't even words for it, but I know that person NEVER ventures out on a dance floor.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 08:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: Me too. Not only is he playing well, continuity is critical up front. Good to have some veterans to work rookies/young guys in.

Biggest worry is what will they do with Carmen and D. Smith? You got to feel like they will feel compelled to start Jackson sooner than later. Can either play Center? 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 08:36 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Biggest worry is what will they do with Carmen and D. Smith? You got to feel like they will feel compelled to start Jackson sooner than later. Can either play Center? 

I kinda believe they want Carman at RT. If Adeniji can continue to play well, they can move him out to T. If he beats out Reiff, then we're in good shape. I don't *think* either have played C, but I'm not sure.

Reply/Quote
Adeniji is in his 2nd year, they can sit Carman behind him and next year he will be a second year player.
Reply/Quote