Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Threads from the Enemy week 13: Chargers
(11-30-2021, 02:00 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well I don't think there's much debate left on who's better between Burrow and Herbert.

I literally don't know which side you fall on, so I think there's definitely still a debate haha.

Burrow has a slightly higher completion percentage (69.3% vs 66%), yards per attempt average (8.4 vs 7.4), and QB Rating (101.6 vs 96.5), but Herbert has fewer interceptions on more attempts (10 in 438 vs 12 in 339) and has more rushing yards (243 @ 5.7 ypc vs 63 @ 2.5 ypc). He's also taken 9 fewer sacks in the aforementioned 99 more passing attempts than Burrow.

He has a stronger arm, obviously, which gives him a better upside, but I think it's clear that Burrow is more advanced at reading the defense and adjusting the play call accordingly. Kind of like the classic "Cerebral QB" vs "physically gifted QB" discussion.

I don't think we could be farther from determining which player is better, to be honest. They both seem like potential super star QBs who have their own strengths and weaknesses that, in many ways, are the opposite of the other. I don't think it actually matters who is better because they are both great, but I'm not sure how you could say there's no longer a debate on who is the better QB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Threads from the Enemy week 13: Chargers - CJD - 11-30-2021, 11:40 AM