Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Threads from the Enemy week 13: Chargers
(11-30-2021, 03:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I really haven't seen this consensus favoring Herbert. Not being disrespectful, I just really haven't. It seemed neck and neck prior to injury, then all the Burrow talk went away...but after the hot start for Burrow/Chase this year, I've seen a lot more national love for Burrow than for Herbert. Except from Keyshawn Johnson, but that guy is useless, unintelligent and unfunny.

The passing numbers favor Burrow almost across the board. Burrow is pushing the ball more, hence the higher YPA and INT%. Longer throws = more risk. But give me the guy who is throwing longer at a higher completion rate.

Seriously...the fact that Burrow is completing 3% more of his throws while throwing longer on average is pretty telling. Herbert should have the better % because hes throwing short (within 5 yards of LOS) roughly twice as much last I checked.

Rush yards are meaningless to me. Herbert isn't Lamar or Cam...and a big chunk of that came on one run.

Arm strength is sooo incredibly overrated. The top QBs of all time are arguably Brady, Montana, Peyton and Brees. None of which had a great arm. All pretty standard issue in that category. Rodgers and Mahomes have cannons. So does Trevor Lawrence.

What good is the arm if Burrow is posting better numbers? Which he definitely is. Even with the INTs. Last I checked, the deep ball numbers also favored Burrow, and Burrow is crushing Herbert on mid-range throws.

Not disrespect taken or given. Friendly, healthy debate.

I'm not saying Herbert is better but a simple search for QB rankings on all the major sports websites will show that Herbert is generally considered better and has been for a along time.  Again I'm not saying I agree with them just that that's what the majority of sports writers think.

He's made up ground on Herbert in many of there eyes but still ranked below.

I think Burrow is underrated by the media but that will change this weekend when the Bengals woop the Chargers.

Even if it's not true that most think Herbert is better and you and I are looking at very different media outlets so we're seeing a different consensus I don't think it's a clear cut burrow is better or Herbert is.  It's still very very close.

I stoked to see them head to head this weekend.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Threads from the Enemy week 13: Chargers - motoarch - 11-30-2021, 03:57 PM