Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solstice-something I never knew
(12-22-2021, 11:37 AM)grampahol Wrote: You could be right about sunset and sunrise, but the seasons are the following..
We're located much closer to the Tropics of Cancer. When the sun hits the tropic of Capricorn days start getting longer until it hits cancer. When it crosses the equator it's either the first day of spring or fall depending on which direction its going. For us the first day of summer, the longest day of the year is when it reaches Cancer then it reverses and heads toward Capricorn, shortest day of the  year where it is eventually the first day of winter..
It ain't rocket science..  Cool     The first day of summer is when days start getting shorter..longer on the first day of winter..
This has been known since the days of Copernicus.. He's been dead for a little bit...even before I was born..and that's REALLY old..lol

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN..Your 3rd grade science lesson of the day!

Yes I'm aware of that.  It was one specific thing I did not know.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Solstice-something I never knew - michaelsean - 12-22-2021, 06:25 PM