Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What Internet provider do you use and what speed?
(11-09-2015, 01:51 PM)djs7685 Wrote: It is "speed" in a sense though if your primary goal is transferring large amounts of data in a short period of time.

I don't know if I could actually deal with anything less than 25 Mbps after being so used to it. Would it affect my Netflix viewing? Nope. Would it affect my game, movie, music, update, patch, etc. etc. downloads? Absolutely. I'm far too impatient for my huge game patches to take hours to finish and to get my movies at a slower rate.

I'm no networking wizard, but I do know a few things. A pet peeve of mine is when people act like they're IT techs and keep using MB/s instead of Mb/s Tongue

Unfortunately, you are still wrong even trying to explain it away. Bandwidth is capacity, not speed no matter how bad you want it to be. While it is funny that I mislabeled MB/s and Mb/s you are still trying to incorrectly label what bandwidth is. If the server you are downloading from can only give you 10Mb/s then your 100Mb/s makes no difference whatsoever in the time it takes to download something. Many servers intentionally throttle back the rate at which they send data to each user in order to serve the max amount of people in the most efficient way, this often time leaves servers sending data well below these large capacity internet packages sold to the general public.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Internet provider do you use and what speed? - Au165 - 11-09-2015, 02:03 PM