Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Premature Whistle? what the NFL says
(01-15-2022, 11:20 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The refs were the main thing on TV in the 3Q, it was a hard watch. Something's up with the NFL and the way they call penalties and when, lol

The whistle was before the pass was caught and I find that hard to deny, however, it's still the most accurate outcome in a situation completely caused by the officials.

The erroneous whistle was going to screw one of the teams either way for no reason.  I'd rather it screw the team that would have most definitely given up the TD anyway if the ref never made the mistake.  

Can you imagine the insanity here and everywhere if the whistle was correctly enforced, the TD was called back and the Bengals ended up losing the game for it?  To me, even if I wasn't an obviously heavily biased Bengals fan, that would have been far more egregious than what actually transpired.  

It would be nice if the play went off without controversy, but I don't quite get the uproar about the lack of enforcement.  In the end, the outcome that they came to was the best one possible if you wanted it to be fair.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Premature Whistle? what the NFL says - samhain - 01-16-2022, 11:29 AM