Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'14 stats that point to a regression by the Bengals in '15
(05-24-2015, 11:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've seen last year's point differential pointed out before. Part of me wants to believe that the drop off was largely thanks to injuries on both sides of the ball. Losing Eifert, MLJ, AJ, Gresh and Andre for large chunks of the season probably hurt our offense's ability to score. Losing Burfict and MJ90, and having a hobbled Atkins probably caused us to give up more points.

Not to mention we were breaking in new coordinators on both sides of the ball.

On paper, our depth has improved tremendously and our coordinators have a year under their belts. The d-line is deeper (a better rotation should help tremendously), and we have better depth at LB and WR, which were problem areas last year. So I think the point differential will improve.

Part of me is fearful that this team could regress as the playoff frustration continues to build, but I just think this team has too much talent (experienced talent, at that) to implode. I see 7-9 as a nightmare scenario. 11-5 is probably their ceiling as long as they continue to go .500 in the division.
Agreed!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: '14 stats that point to a regression by the Bengals in '15 - J24 - 05-25-2015, 03:18 PM