Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MARCH MADNESS : Men's NCAA Basketball Thread
(03-15-2022, 07:49 AM)kevin Wrote: So I'm hoping Wright State WINS what is pretty much a home game in not leaving Dayton area.  I now live North of Wright Patterson Air Base and just North of Fairborn.  My hospital of choice now is Soin Hospital next to Wright State down interstate 675 Dayton Bypass.  I live closer to Wright State than UD these days.  So I will root for THE WRIGHT STATE RAIDERS.  Plus the Dayton NIT Game is on ESPN PLUS, and my cable company doesn't have that.  So i hope WRIGHT STATE wins the Play-In game.  Of course they will have to play one of the top NCAA teams in Round One, and will probably get thumped.  at least if they could say they won an NCAA Game in UD Arena, where UD has said they are not good enough to play UD in. 

Good for you! I work at WPAFB so this officially makes us neighbors even though I’m south of town in Kettering. I got one of my degrees from Wright State and I remember the Gem City Jam games against the University of Dayton very well. For many years WSU played in NCAA Division II but UD coach Don Donoher promised the Raiders that UD would play them when they moved to Division I — which they did. The Raiders and Flyers have played eight times with UD winning five times. I was at the first game WSU won over UD in the Nutter Center in 1990 and it was among the most amazing moments in sports I’ve ever witnessed.

A restart of the Gem City Jam is long overdue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MARCH MADNESS : Men's NCAA Basketball Thread - Fan_in_Kettering - 03-15-2022, 05:32 PM