Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-12-2022, 05:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's not about pick 31 being better. It's about what's equitable draft capital when factoring in the risks that come along with Collins. When you look at the incredibly bad decision making he's demonstrated, and the reality that he's one bad decision away from another suspension at any time...it takes the 1st and 2nd round picks off the table, IMO.

This is valid for some.  But "incredibly bad decisions"?  From us?  The guy missed 7 drug tests out 187.  He had legitimate excuses for 2 misses, so that is 5 (pretty sure he smoked weed). And when questioned he lied/tried to bribe the person questioning in order to let him skate....

We have had some absolute idiots on this team.... this was one of those things that was wrong, that he made worse trying to get out of it. So lets not get carried away.

Again, lets say worst case scenario - we give #31 straight up for Collins and his awesome contract allows us to get a guard along with Jensen or a much better CB and during his 3 years at 10M he is suspended what did we really lose?

I cant find one guy at #31 who would help us more immediately these next 3 seasons than Collins and his contract which brings other vet FAs into the fold.

Again, our #31 for the best RT in the league, along with Cowboys 2nd round (56) and 5th or 6th round pick is the deal mentioned when discussing our #31 - this is an absolute steal in my opinion.

Unless someone can tell me who in the draft would be better at #31 or later?

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - casear2727 - 03-12-2022, 05:34 PM