Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-13-2022, 08:56 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: You guys have convinced me. I saw you mentioned a trade involving swapping our 1st for they're 2nd which doesn't seem to bad. I really like Zion Johnson but it seems like there's a decent chance he'll be gone before our 1st pick now. 

So I'm sure you mentioned it already but what's the most you would give up in a trade? What do you hope the trade looks like? 

Going by the Cowboys Insiders, the worst case scenario is:

Bengals get Collins and Cowboys 2nd Round (56) and Cowboys 6th Round (201) - Dallas gets the Bengals 1st Round (31)

The most popular guess is:

Bengals get Collins and Cowboys 3rd Round (88) and Cowboys 6th Round (201) - Dallas gets the Bengals 2nd Round (63)

The 2 straight up guesses:

Bengals get Collins - Dallas gets the Bengals 3rd Round (95)

Bengals get Collins - Dallas gets the Bengals 4th Round (135)

These are simply guesses from the other side, they are pretty much in agreement that the deal will be better than the Cooper deal due to Collins being a top tier player with such a team friendly contract.  

Miami and the Raiders are in a better situation regarding draft position than us.  ESPN reported Miami has a deal with Armstead worked out, not sure if that impacts them or not with Collins as they have more cap space and cash than we do.

This deal makes way too much sense for the Bengals, at least in my opinion. But who knows?

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - casear2727 - 03-13-2022, 11:46 AM