Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-14-2022, 09:24 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The other options are: 

1) Re-sign Reiff. 
2) Roll with Prince or Smith or Fred Johnson.  
3) Draft a RT in Rd 1 or Rd 2. 

Outside of Armstead & Trent Brown, Reiff is as good as the other FA options left. 

1)  Reiff is not a horrible option (if his ankle is healed) but I think we should try to do better at that position.  Reiff made 7.5 million last year.  How much of a pay cut could we get him for?  Collins is much better than Reiff and if the difference is $7M to sign Reiff or $10M for Collins, I would rather have Collins even if it costs a 3rd round draft pick to get him.  If Collins is off the table, I would rather have Mogan Moses instead of Reiff.  Resigning Reiff wouldn't be the ideal situation but I believe we could work with it.

2)  I don't think Prince, Smith or Johnson is the answer at RT for the time being. They can improve but I dont think now is the time

3)  Again not a horrible option but you just never know how rookies are going to pan out.   They are too much of an unknown.  Right now this team has a Super Bowl window and we need to do the best we can to improve the line right now.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - 007BengalsFan - 03-14-2022, 10:08 PM