Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-15-2022, 09:39 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: You can't help but think this way, but the Dallas media is very well connected to their FO. If there were something extreme that would stall a possible trade form happening, I feel like we would've heard why by now. 

I think it’s just a very difficult situation cap wise. If they were going to trade him now it wouldn’t make sense to trade him for anything less than a very high pick. They could just designate him a post June 1 player and cut him and save millions of cap dollars vs trading him now and having almost his whole cap hit stay on the books.

If I were them I’d only consider trading him now for a first. Anything less isn’t worth eating all of the cap space. In reality it doesn’t make much sense for them to do much of anything with him until June. They could trade him them for pennies and still keep the cap savings at that point. They may be able to get a 2nd-4th for him at that time but it’ll be in next years draft. Or cut him then. They don’t get any cap relief from cutting him until June anyway even if they cut him today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - leonardfan40 - 03-15-2022, 10:15 AM