Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry O still a free agent - Fails physical
(06-22-2022, 12:30 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: BJ played 47% (502 snaps) of our defensive snaps, Larry played 68% (724). So Larry played 44% more snaps than BJ but they had pretty similar numbers.

BJ had 5.5 sacks, 50 COMB, 29 SOLO, 6 TFL and 12 qb hits
Larry had 7 sacks, 49 comb, 29 solo, 12 TFL and 16 qb hits

If BJ’s numbers kept to that pace for 724 snaps he would have had 8 sacks, 72 comb, 42 solo, 8.6 TFL, and 17 qb hits.

PFF is far from perfect as we know but it can be useful comparing players at the same position. Larry had a score of 50.3 last year. BJ was 70.4.

It’s also worth noting how well our defense played AFTER Larry went down. To me, they looked like they played their best ball when BJ was getting more snaps after Larry went down.

I’m not trashing Larry, but BJ was better last year. Larry had some very nice splash plays but had a lot of bad ones too. I would have loved to have Larry back at a reasonable price but only if he was a rotational backup to BJ this year instead of the other way around. The bengals picked the right guy to keep.

Great post brother. Same things I saw from both players. I thought Ogunjobi was the better pass rusher before this but 
even that is questionable after seeing all of this.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Larry O still a free agent - Fails physical - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-22-2022, 01:46 PM