Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry O still a free agent - Fails physical
(06-23-2022, 01:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I am not positive, but I think that they can do better than that.  I think I've seen people post stats like "pass rush win rate" or some such.

I'm not so sure I care for that. You can do absolutely nothing to affect the play and still have a "win". That's how we had a lot of people in love with Carl Lawson. Same as how in another thread someone mentioned PFF WAR and I immediately didn't care. MLB's WAR is already iffy enough and that's a game where you have blatantly clear results (hit/strikeout/catch/etc) for the overwhelming majority of the plays and 162 games to actually determine a big enough sample size on a player's contribution. The thought of trying to divvy up 4-12 wins through 60+ players (with injuries) getting minute fractions of a win off subjective non-stats like win rates... eh.

Realize I ranted on a bit of a tangent there, but what I am trying to say is I think there's some PFF stats that are much more valuable for a comparison tool than others. Generally the more subjective and not based in hard statistical results, the less useful.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Larry O still a free agent - Fails physical - TheLeonardLeap - 06-23-2022, 02:05 PM