Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry O still a free agent - Fails physical
(06-23-2022, 02:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm not so sure I care for that. You can do absolutely nothing to affect the play and still have a "win". That's how we had a lot of people in love with Carl Lawson. Same as how in another thread someone mentioned PFF WAR and I immediately didn't care. MLB's WAR is already iffy enough and that's a game where you have blatantly clear results (hit/strikeout/catch/etc) for the overwhelming majority of the plays and 162 games to actually determine a big enough sample size on a player's contribution. The thought of trying to divvy up 4-12 wins through 60+ players (with injuries) getting minute fractions of a win off subjective non-stats like win rates... eh.

Realize I ranted on a bit of a tangent there, but what I am trying to say is I think there's some PFF stats that are much more valuable for a comparison tool than others. Generally the more subjective and not based in hard statistical results, the less useful.

Well said. Completely agree, some PFF stats are much more valuable than others.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Larry O still a free agent - Fails physical - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-23-2022, 05:08 PM