Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever Had A Police Shooting Near You?
(03-31-2022, 08:27 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Although I live in a town in semi-rural extreme southern Illinois, it has a university beside it. The university is three blocks away from my neighborhood, which is on a block adjoining, and there are rows of cheap apartment buildings all over. Several times, I have seen a hopped-up Dodge or Chrysler park and idle on the street, then somebody comes out, apparently gets into the car as if they are getting picked up, but then a couple of minutes later, re-emerges from the car and skips quickly back to where they came from. Well, duh.

Also, a few times I heard what sounds like firecrackers at about 1:00 a.m. or so. Except when I told a guy friend who knows the neighborhood where I live, he said "That ain't firecrackers." The main police station is about 1/4 mile away, which helps, but within the next couple of years, I hope to move someplace safer.

I lived in Denver in the early 90's when I was broke.  Had an apartment in a bad part of downtown.  Street level was $50 a month cheaper and I had bars on my windows.  All sorts of arrests and illegal activity outside my apartment, but no shootings.

I rented the place in the winter, and one of the things I liked was that there was a small grassy area across the street.  Not exactly a park, but a place where I could sit outside and read or kick around my hacky-sack.  I did not realize that during the warm weather months it was basically a campground for homeless people.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ever Had A Police Shooting Near You? - fredtoast - 04-02-2022, 12:01 PM