Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Do we need a new song for the Bengals?
(03-25-2022, 03:33 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: How many of these musicians are active creators of modern music (that is, music that is not only made in the present but also reflects the subjective trends and styles of the present)? I would fully expect musicians from [insert any era here] to favor past music over current music, because there seems to be a terrible human bias ever-present that belittles cultural movements of NOW versus THEN. The bullet points you provided me are generalizations that just aren't true. They aren't. They're untrue. They apply to some musicians, and those musicians occupy the entire argument erroneously.

Most musicians and song writers I know do it for themselves. For the love of writing and the creative release. Not to follow the latest trends in modern culture. What a terrible box that would be to put yourself in. LOL

Generally speaking, most musicians have open minds about change, and don't hate things simply because they're new. I've been old for awhile now. At least as far as being culturally in the thick of things. My time was the 90s.

Did I hate most pop music from the 2000s? No...because it wasn't autotuned garbage. Did I hate Ludacris even though I didn't grow up with him? No. He had skill and a unique flow, mixed with humor.

What I did hate was autotune. Even back then. Anyone who copied someone else's style. Even back then. Those things are far more prevalent now.

Why did you fail to address any of my points? You writing them off as simply untrue is kinda lazy. That is my personal experience, and I have a lot of it, as someone who played all around the Cincy area and met a ton of working musicians. Also a lot of time studying the industry.

Do you really think there are as many genres with mainstream popularity now compared to the 90s? Do you really think the modern mainstream music industry isn't overrun with labels who sign pretty faces and link them with songwriters who do all the work for them?

What about autotune and pro tools? Fruit loops? The vast majority of music being written and recorded on a PC rather than actual instruments? These are factual and valid points. You don't have to agree or care, but many people do, and it's not simply cUz tHeY oLd.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do we need a new song for the Bengals? - Shake n Blake - 03-25-2022, 04:10 PM