Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Do we need a new song for the Bengals?
I just want to interject some thoughts into this music "debate".

The majority of youth think older music is meh or "Dad" music.

Perspective usually changes as that young person ages.

You can outgrow music that you once cherished or loved.

I know I have. There is some stuff I loved that couldn't care less if I listen to again.

That can happen from over-listening to it or your personality changes as you grow older.

Visually, it is kinda comical to see old guys banging their angry heads as rockers and rappers spitin' rhymes lookin' like somebodies Grandpappy.

Hey if people want to pay money to see that then more power to them.

Old rappers and rockers laughing all the way to the bank.

Artistry in popular music and film has stagnated for years. How can someone not hear or see that?

Can you find great hidden gems? Absolutely. There is talent but not served to the masses.

Funny how in the 80s I thought the decades before sucked.

Yet now many years later I realize from a different perspective that those were all relevant.

Just like people who say general statements about "80s music sucked" thinking it's all hair bands and Flock of Seagulls.

Blanket statements about eras, decades, whatever really don't serve well for valid opinions.

Especially when a band that might have started in one decade had great releases in another.

Anyway. Back to the topic.

Welcome To The Jungle's intro can stay. Unless someone somewhere can write some great new song that knocks it off... Smirk
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do we need a new song for the Bengals? - BengalsRocker - 03-25-2022, 07:52 PM