Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Hypothetical) Who Would You Take at 31 in This Scenario?
I like the work you put in. It's hard to get my mind around. Mostly because all these players are NOT going to be off the board. There will probably be more than 2 quarterbacks taken, maybe as many as 4.

We can add The Steelers with Big Ben retiring and now the tragic car crash death of that Ohio State QB Haskins that Washington drafted very early in round 1. Washington is a team that we now know has been all messed up, and they never knew how to use RG3 or Haskins. My word, they had RG3 running the Wishbone, and you can't run the Wishbone in the NFL. As Dick Butkis, the great Bears linebacker said, if they ever tried to run the Wishbone on us, by the 3rd play I would put their quarterback in the hospital. That is what happened to RG3 as one of his first games was against Bengals, and Washington even had RG3 running The Statue Of Liberty Play, and Bengals and Defenses could just clobber him. Washington didn't use Ohio State Haskins right either. Haskins is NOT a running quarterback. WHY do people think every black quarterback is a running quarterback. Haskins was a big, strong armed, passing quarterback like a Big Ben. Both are hard to tackle, but that does not make them running quarterbacks. Same with Boomer Esiason.

My point on Haskins is that Washington used him wrong. He is not a Cam Newton, Haskins was more like Big Ben. Haskins could have been the guy to replace Big Ben. Sadly, Haskins was just killed in a car crash. I think The Steelers are going to have to go Quarterback in Round One. If you are in dire need of a starting Quarterback, then THAT is what you MUST draft.

So my point is more than 2 quarterbacks will go before Pick 31, Maybe 3 or 4 quarterbacks per ESPN and CBS Mock Drafts.

So I respect your hard work on this list, but I feel there are many names on it who WILL be there at Pick 31.

Here is something I can get my mind around. Bengals after Free Agent O Line and Tight Ends are talking DEFENSE on Bengals.com So I'm thinking D Line, Linebacker, Defensive Back. The Best Defensive Player that drops into The Bengals lap at Pick 31, will be The Pick. It all depends how the Draft plays out, and who The Bengals have on Their Boards. Myself, I like Wyatt at D Line, and teams taking Quarterbacks could just drop Wyatt down to us. I like Wyatt because he is Big and Fast enough to play DE and DT, and Bengals could use a Dan Big Daddy Wilkinson who can play all across the D Line, IF HE FALLS to Pick 31

I will bet the farm that it will NOT be an O Lineman or a Tight End. Bengals have hit that hard in Free Agency. IT WILL BE DEFENSE at Pick 31, and THAT you can bet on. A good D Lineman, or Linebacker, or Cornerback, or Safety, but IT WILL BE DEFENSE at Pick 31. We can take that Center off the board, Bengals filled that in Free Agency.

ADD ON : Here are teams ESPN and CBS have taking a QB before Pick 31. ....Steelers, Seahawks, Panthers, Packers....and IF that happens, somebody DEFENSE is going to DROP to Bengals at Pick 31.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Hypothetical) Who Would You Take at 31 in This Scenario? - kevin - 04-09-2022, 01:43 PM