Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Hypothetical) Who Would You Take at 31 in This Scenario?
(04-09-2022, 03:21 PM)puddycat Wrote: Top on my Board:
Raimann OT- I'm not sold on Smith, Prince, or no injuries.  Hopefully stuck on depth chart for a couple of years.
McCreary CB - Criminally underrated - especially after improving his 40 at his pro day. Cause he's got short arms. - likely to see field
Burks WR- Great potential #4 some questions at slot. - likely to see field
Gordon -CB  More position versatility than McCreary, but less scheme versatility. Needs to improve tackling. - has bust potential IMO

Good topic, solid posts, agree with crazy that Ebiketie has solid value and the reservations for Gordon.  

For me: 

1. A trade as mentioned, someone WILL want this pick.  If Seattle or Atlanta aren't the teams that took a QB, either may pony up for Corral, especially with Atlanta giving pick #82 if they want him bad enough.  I can't justify any of taking any of these guys vs picks 43 and 82.  If they really do love McBride he could make sense here (though I'd rather wait with this TE class depth) or get the corner need out of the way with the safe pick McCreary.  I think he could still be here and there are bigger risk corners (nickle types, man only, inconsistent, ect...), but if you lose out on both you still get a really good player at 43 and 82.  Something like:

43: CB Roger McCreary
63: DT DeMarvin Leal
82: TE Greg Dulcich
95: G   Darian Kinnard 

2. I'm with puddycat that Raimann is BPA and the big question would be can he play LG?  From a sheer value standpoint a starter level tackle is valuable, if he can play both you really need to consider him.  Let's not forget that Jonah isn't signed long term and Cincy doesn't have the luxury to pay "whatever it takes" at multiple positions if a huge chunk long term is going to Burrow and Chase. 

3. Tough call.  I'd want a good handle on what Lou plans to do on defense.  Ebiketie has good upside a situational rusher as a rookie, but would we be looking to rotate him and Ossai in there heavily with Henrickson or Hubbard rotating inside on some looks, or playing more 3 man fronts at times?  If you can justify a plan for a BPA DE/RUSH then great, but if not the safe pick would be getting the biggest need....CB out of the way.  Gordon has better upside than McCreary here, but depends on their plans.  

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Hypothetical) Who Would You Take at 31 in This Scenario? - phil413 - 04-09-2022, 05:32 PM