Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Hypothetical) Who Would You Take at 31 in This Scenario?
(04-10-2022, 09:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You were the first to highlight him, so I will stop and comment here.  I could see this two ways:  The way I believe the Bengals will go, and the way I would go.  

The Bengals will likely go with McCreary because he plays in the toughest conference, and they will love his athleticism.  Gordon would be a close second, but his time was not only slow on that really fast track, but he refused to run at his pro day.  It is very odd, and I can't help but think he has a nagging injury.  I know he tested outstanding on every other measure, but still.  Between the two CBs I would take McCreary slightly over Gordon.

I would (and this is not a homer pick, and since we can't trade) go with Alec Pierce out of UC.  With the ascending pricing of top flight WRs, I think he could be a really good value and would provide the team with a lot of options next year when Tee becomes a FA, and I believe he would get snaps his rookie season either due to injury or simply giving guys a blow/4 WR sets.  The Bengals offense takes the greatest hit if a guy like Chase or Higgins is injured.  They need another top flight WR.  

I like Pierce better than Burks and I see great positional value in the WR.  I think there will still be some good talent in Rd 2 at safety and CB, but these mocks that are having Pierce available as a late 2nd round pick just make no sense to me.  

I'm sure I will get hammered going WR over CB here, but I see Pierce as a phenomenal talent that will exceed his college production in the NFL.  

I'd be leaning toward McCreary, Gordon, or Winfrey.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Hypothetical) Who Would You Take at 31 in This Scenario? - ochocincos - 04-10-2022, 01:20 PM