Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Hypothetical) Who Would You Take at 31 in This Scenario?
(04-18-2022, 04:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think the Bengals should move on from Mixon after this year, hence the RB. Can't be paying a non-game-changing RB a nearly $13m cap hit when it comes time to extend Burrow. Bengals save $7.35m in cap space next year moving on from Mixon.

Also more snaps than you think. Perine and Evans combined for 371 offensive snaps and that's a year when Mixon actually stayed healthy. Mixon gets banged up for a game or two like normal and that count would rise quickly.

Breece isn't my first or second choice at 31 ideally, but in Ocho's scenario where the choices are really really narrowed down? Sure.

- - - - - -

Consider me very skeptical that Linderbaum falls all the way to 31. The arm length talk on a center is vastly overblown. He's a unanimous All-American last season and athletically tested off the charts on everything else. I think you have a chance to grab a player who would fix the final hole in your OL (by moving Karras over) so just go up and get him. No reason to risk it and it's not like it's likely all of the draft picks are going to make the team this year anyway.

I'm of the belief that RB is one of the easier positions to play as a rookie.
So if the Bengals wanted to move on from Mixon after this year, I think they could just snag a RB early in the draft next year.
Especially if you want to try to use a RB on a rookie contract then have them walk after contract is up. You need every available year for that.

Bengals could always have a (way) cheaper veteran in place next year with a rookie if they are worried about learning curve. Mixon doesn't have to be the guy for that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Hypothetical) Who Would You Take at 31 in This Scenario? - ochocincos - 04-18-2022, 06:21 PM