Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Hypothetical) Who Would You Take at 31 in This Scenario?
(04-18-2022, 04:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: In these scenarios I cannot disagree. If we move on from Mixon after this year Breece Hall would be ideal in my eyes.

Also if Pollack and the FO think Linderbaum's arm length is no big deal and we want him bad enough to trade up for him I am 
for it. I just don't know if they think Center or LG are a need with Karras and if Carman is healthy and they think he will make 
big strides in his sophomore year.
I have heard that Karras plays better at LG than at Center so it could be in the cards for all 
we know. All I have heard though is Karras is the Center regardless of PFF grades.

Literally could have just swapped out Carman with Ogbuehi and it would have been the offseason heading into 2016 all over again it feels like. Lol

I'm not saying Carman will never develop into a starter, but I don't want to bank on a guy who couldn't even beat out Adeniji and Prince to be 2nd string. If the Bengals had no hope of being good, sure, give Carman the opportunity. Too much at stake in 2022 to rely on a 3rd string guy with a history of back problems who had back problems twice last year.

(04-18-2022, 06:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm of the belief that RB is one of the easier positions to play as a rookie.
So if the Bengals wanted to move on from Mixon after this year, I think they could just snag a RB early in the draft next year.
Especially if you want to try to use a RB on a rookie contract then have them walk after contract is up. You need every available year for that.

Bengals could always have a (way) cheaper veteran in place next year with a rookie if they are worried about learning curve. Mixon doesn't have to be the guy for that.

I fully agree with you that RBs can hop in and immediately be good as rookies, but I also just don't want Zac Taylor to have Perine as an option anymore as it's clear he cannot be trusted with him on the roster. 

Not to mention Mixon is likely going to be banged up at some point in the year and Mixon only plays about 2/3rds of the snaps of the games he's in, let alone the ones he misses. He had an ankle thing in 2017, knee thing in 2018, foot thing in 2020, and TWO ankle things in 2021. (He didn't miss any of the first 16 games in 2021, but it did cause him to only play 28% of the snaps in the Green Bay loss.)

Ultimately the Hall or Cine choice was mostly about the scenario you cooked up. No Tyler Linderbaum, no Dax Hill, no Zion Johnson, no Andrew Booth, no Kenyon Green, no trades. So I went with my 7th choice. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Hypothetical) Who Would You Take at 31 in This Scenario? - TheLeonardLeap - 04-18-2022, 07:28 PM