Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
It's not like Mike Brown can't be stubborn and sometimes can't get out of his own way. But, on the "Bates" contract, I'm siding with the team.

Even last year, Bates said during the first part of the season he held back because of not getting an extension. Now, we are expected to believe he will come in after a contract hold out (so far) and be all sunshine and roses and play at a Pro Bowl level? Not buying it.

That franchise tag amount isn't mouse nuts. It's a huge number. You don't like it? Play on the tag and show the Bengals and all the NFL how wrong they were, and then really cash in.

He's already proven he can be less than average as a player when he sulks.

He can complain, whine, sit out and hope to get his way by sulking.

He talks about security for his family, there's a large multi-year contract waiting to be signed. I'm positive the Bengals didn't low ball him. He can become something special for this team, which no doubt is elite, and will continue to be elite for the foreseeable future.

Or. some team can step up and offer the Bengals a treasure chest of picks for a trade.

Or, as he's threatening, Bates can refuse to sign the contract, sit out, and then see what happens to his value.

The Bengals have players who can step up in his place. Would I prefer he be part of our success? Absolutely.

But, if he's only hoping for a few more million, that will not, in all honesty, make a whole lot of difference in his life vs holding out, he's not the player I thought he was. Hope another team will sign you for more money and see what you're remembered for. Holding out? Or, staying with a team that will get you a ring.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Graphicguy - 05-20-2022, 12:33 PM