Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Round 4 is Cordell Volson-O Line Blocker
(04-30-2022, 02:52 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Here is an article from a Patriots site about Volson. They had him tabbed as early as the 3rd, and seem to really like him a lot. Very positive scouting report from a team who knows OLmen.

https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/news/patriots-2022-draft-profile-cordell-volson-is-a-highly-experienced-swiss-army-knife-ol

Quoting the article:

Bottom-line: A lowly rated recruit out of North Dakota, Volson is another example of the Bison developing NFL offensive linemen (Billy Turner, Joe Haeg, and Dillon Radunz). Returning to Fargo for an extra year due to Covid, the three-time All-American helped paved the way to another dominant rushing performance and another National Championship. A two-time captain, Volson has the frame and overall ability to be a starter for a long time in the NFL. His best position will be at guard but offers tackle versatility. This will help his draft stock. Volson should be a solid starter for 10 years for whatever team drafts him. His playstyle is similar to Miami Dolphins OL Michael Deiter (3rd round 78 overall in 2019 NFL Draft). I expect Volson to come off the board late day 2 to early day 3.

Comparison to Deiter is probably accurate, but that's not necessarily a good sign.

Deiter was a mauler coming out of Wisconsin, but he lacks athleticism somewhat like Volson. Volson has longer arms than Deiter though.
Deiter's PFF grades since drafted:
2019 - 996 snaps played. 42.5 overall, 37.8 pass block, 45.5 run block
2020 - Only 23 snaps played. 46.1 overall, 77.2 pass block (7 snaps), 45.2 run block (16 snaps)
2021 - 546 snaps played. 60.6 overall. 57.2 pass block, 61.7 run block

We'll have to see with Volson. I like that he won't be forced into a starting role so he can develop more, but I don't have confidence in his ceiling.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Round 4 is Cordell Volson-O Line Blocker - ochocincos - 04-30-2022, 03:07 PM